Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Export Large Database from O7 to O8i!
Export Large Database from O7 to O8i! [message #69339] Tue, 11 December 2001 07:11 Go to next message
Johnny N
Hi!

Currently in our company we are using version Oracle 7.1.6, but we changed it to version Oracle 8i to mach our system, as we have ipgraded it. Because of the data approximately we have a database of 150GB~200GB running 24 hours. May I ask how would I migrate the data from Oracle 7.1.6 to Oracle 8i in a non-stop system?

As the above mentioned, should I use Oracle's exp/imp or SQL Loader to run this task. If I use exp/imp or SQL Loader then what would be the disadvantages and advantages? What should I consider? Would there be other ways to run this task?

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Export Large Database from O7 to O8i! [message #69340 is a reply to message #69339] Tue, 11 December 2001 11:16 Go to previous message
Melissa
You can try and use the Migration Assistant. We tried it when we went from 7.3.4 to 8.1.5 and it didn't work. We even had an Oracle consultant come in and he couldn't get it to work. We did export/import. Whatever you do, you will have downtime.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic: migration exp/imp
Next Topic: Re: OCP Exam Papers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:16:44 CDT 2024