Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Problem in importing partitioned tables
Problem in importing partitioned tables [message #69546] Wed, 30 January 2002 07:54 Go to next message
Angel
Hi everyone,

Please help me to solve this problem. Consider the following situation:
I have dmp file which is created by using Oracle 'Export' utility from one databae. I try to import the data from this dmp file to another database. The problem is that in my database, there is a few tables that are partitioned. Also, this database is stored in a tablespace called 'MYTBS'. When I import the data by using Oracle 'Import' utility, I got an error message saying that "tablespace 'MYTBS' does not exist when importing the partitioned table.
I just want to know how I can solve this problem other than create a tablespace called 'MYTBS' for my new database.
Thank you very much.

Angel
Re: Problem in importing partitioned tables [message #69550 is a reply to message #69546] Wed, 30 January 2002 11:43 Go to previous message
Mike
One way of solving this problem is to create in advance on the taget database the same table but with different tablespaces.

To avoid, when doing the import, an error message because the table is allready existing you should set IGNORE=y.

If you specify IGNORE=y, Import overlooks object creation errors when it attempts to create database objects, and continues without reporting the errors

HTH
Previous Topic: Where is the wfa_html.home?
Next Topic: Re: How to create a connect string without editing Tnsnames.ora?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:22:11 CDT 2024