Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » blob vs bfile
blob vs bfile [message #75876] Fri, 19 October 2001 12:29 Go to next message
jwu
In my project, I have large amount of image data. They are static and do not need cocurrency control. So I can choose either BLOB or BFILE to store the data. I understand that BFILE requires less log and reduces the work of backup.

My question is, which type of storage has better performance? By perfromance, I mean the performance of a query asking to return an image file.

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: blob vs bfile [message #75885 is a reply to message #75876] Wed, 14 November 2001 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sam greenlaw
The question is performance vs. resource availability. You do not say how much you have to store.

It is faster for the web server, particularly if it is a "pizza box," to get the URL to an image that can be stored in memory. Sparcs and Ultras are so cheap that you can usually put 99% of your hit images in memory.

Think of the database box as an index box with datastore set for URLs.

I also put 9 gigs in the pizza boxes and use 'em for backup ! The performance to these is iffy for live work, but excellent for backup. Non-memory images are best stored at the database/index box -- triage works very well.

Partition the app so's web content is divided physically to match the pizza boxes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Oracle Pro * C , version 8.x [message #75959 is a reply to message #75885] Thu, 13 June 2002 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boopathi.S
dear sir/mam,
when try to run .pc compiled file it is giving error message is "_sqlctx".how to rectify this problem
Re: Oracle Pro * C , version 8.x [message #76052 is a reply to message #75959] Thu, 12 June 2003 23:58 Go to previous message
chintan
i having the same problem and tried to search the net
i found this ans.
8.1.7.0 Pro *C/C++ programs can be built with only MS VC++ 6.0 for Windows.
Kindly refer to Doc id :43208.1 "Certified Compilers" for the list of compilers that are certtified fo your OS/ Oracle version.

This is a known bug in the Microsoft Linker delivered with Microsoft compiler
v6. The solution is to clear up as much conventional memory as possible,
by unloading SQLPME, SQLNET, and the ORACLE database, if loaded, before
attempting to link.

3.Another possible solution is to use the Microsoft utility called "LIB"
to combine libraries and reduce the total number of libraries being
linked in to less than 20.

If this does not solve the problem, the user needs to obtain
a newer version of the Microsoft Linker, preferably "LINKX".

6. forget this thing goto SQLJ
Previous Topic: Coloumn is not index error in new schema
Next Topic: very urgent - want to download pachset 9
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:03:07 CDT 2024