Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Next Item navigation hanging
Next Item navigation hanging [message #81959] Fri, 04 April 2003 01:18 Go to next message
Zaire
Hi all,

Could someone please assist. Sometimes when I am navigating from one item to another, the system just hangs. However, when I comment the WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE trigger code on the item being navigated to, it works fine. This would suggests that something is wrong in the WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE trigger but there doesnt seem to be anything out of the ordinary. I am working with Forms 9i on Oracle 9i. Any suggestions. WNII code is:

There doesnt seem to be anything out of the ordinary.

if get_item_property('b1.organisation_unit_number',update_allowed) = 'TRUE'
then
if nvl(:b1.procurement,'N') = 'N'
then
set_item_property('b1.organisation_unit_number',update_allowed,property_false);
end if;
end if;
Re: Next Item navigation hanging [message #81964 is a reply to message #81959] Fri, 04 April 2003 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julie
This looks suspicious to me:
if nvl(:b1.procurement,'N') = 'N'
then

end if;

To try to figure it out, though, I'd put messages in and see where exactly I had gotten to before hanging.
Re: Next Item navigation hanging [message #81977 is a reply to message #81959] Sun, 06 April 2003 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zaire
Thanx Julie, but I already tried puting messages. Everytime I put a message in, it begins to work until I remove the messages. Suggestions?
Re: Next Item navigation hanging [message #81979 is a reply to message #81959] Sun, 06 April 2003 13:20 Go to previous message
Julie
Sonic,
This may not be too much help, but I've had issues like that on 2 occassions. Once, my issue related to whether the next block/item were enabled and available for navigation to.
On the other time, like in your case, the problem would change behavior with/without message in the code. In this case, I was using a large global variable and even though it was much smaller than the maximum, when I changed it from direct to indirect reference, my problem went away. I think my variable was stepping on memory.
The only other ideas I have for you (which may be grasping at straws) are to be sure that the next and previous block and items are set for all of your blocks and items.
The only other idea I have for you is if the form didn't always have the problem, is to restore from backup, an older version that predates the problem.
Good luck.
Previous Topic: Suppressing Alert Do you want to Save...
Next Topic: how to delete an element randomly in tlist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 14:14:57 CDT 2024