Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Default passwords within Oracle ERP
Default passwords within Oracle ERP [message #94918] Wed, 12 June 2002 09:23 Go to next message
John Dionne
I have looked at several Oracle Financials implementations and noticed the database contains many users which align to the various modules (GL, AP, HR, etc.)with default passwords which are very obvious (GL, AP, HR etc) Is it permissable to change these default passwords? Are there any special instructions?

John Dionne
IT Audit Supervisor
Defense Contract Audit Agency
Re: Default passwords within Oracle ERP [message #94922 is a reply to message #94918] Thu, 13 June 2002 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flyingsnow
I think only the System Admin and the DBA can always change the password when they have the proper roles or previleges. Ususally, end users will not allowed to access to changing passwords. Hope it will help you somewhat.
Re: Default passwords within Oracle ERP [message #94928 is a reply to message #94922] Fri, 14 June 2002 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ANIKET MAJUMDER
Hi,

Users can always change their password...they need to go switch resp...and change password....

It is advisable to have separate password for each users as far as the control/security is concerned...

Regards,
Aniket
Re: Default passwords within Oracle ERP [message #94930 is a reply to message #94918] Sat, 15 June 2002 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hoon
Hi John,

I am very happy to come across your msg.

It is a good prompt in where i am looking for in my next audit.

I am total new to oracle. I have only less than a yr of experience in IS Audit, and i passed my CISA last yr. Would appreciate if u could help me. I am currently doing a scoping on the the audit.

At present, my audit scope will be focus on the User access control and segregation of duties.

But i am still have little knowledge in how i start my audit. Is there any reference or material that will be helpful in my oracle audit?

Thanks a million.

Hoon
p/s: I can be contacted via hoonts@excite.com.
Re: Default passwords within Oracle ERP [message #94933 is a reply to message #94918] Tue, 18 June 2002 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ron
I guess you talking about oracle account users and not
financials. If I am right?

usually apps should be able to do that, since apps is a super user.
try this command from apps account.
ALTER user username IDENTIFIED BY newpassword,
in your case
'alter user GL identified by 'your_newpassword'

hope this helps.
add on [message #94934 is a reply to message #94918] Tue, 18 June 2002 02:36 Go to previous message
ron
that was I guess incomplete answer,
I would contact oracle on this. because by changing
passwords, we might need to change conc-sub programs, in which we use oracle account user names. how ever
if we use apps for all concurrent programs in shell script, then I think no harm doing this change. but again I would double check with Oracle corp. on this.
Previous Topic: Sr. Architect / Consultants req.
Next Topic: creating view based on an existing view in Oracle Clinical
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:26:20 CDT 2024