Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle Audit
Oracle Audit [message #94926] Thu, 13 June 2002 18:50 Go to next message
Hoon
How do i conduct an oracle audit on my company's Financial Management and Accounting Systems?

Thanks a million!

Hoon
Re: Oracle Audit [message #94927 is a reply to message #94926] Fri, 14 June 2002 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ANIKET MAJUMDER
Hi,

If you are in India...you can contact Oracle - Mumbai....you can get the info from any oracle office..

Regards,
Aniket
Re: Oracle Audit ( Pls help! ) [message #94929 is a reply to message #94927] Sat, 15 June 2002 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hoon
Hi Aniket,

Thanks for your reply. Which dept in particular do i contact in Oracle office? I am currently in Singapore.

I would like to learn from you all, experts out there. What is the security vulnerbilities and control issue in Oracle that i need to be aware of?

I am new to ORacle. I would need your advice soon as i would be starting my proj soon.

I would like to look into the access control issue. How to I start with?

I would also look into the password issue and i found some useful notes from some of your reply out there. But would anyone give me more details.

i have found a oracle audit program from auditnet website. Is there any other resources that i can find in the internet?

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hoon
Re: Oracle Audit ( Pls help! ) [message #94941 is a reply to message #94929] Tue, 25 June 2002 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ANIKET MAJUMDER
Hi Hoon,

If you contact Oracle , they will help and guide you how to procede for the audit. If it is an annual audit they willl include all these issues you mentioned besides the server performance and data base management.

They use to send a questionery and you need to provide all those information they need. They can conduct the audit also from their office, in that case you need to give them the access of your server to them.

Access control issues and password issues are completely organization specific. It depends on certain factors of your org.

Contact with Oracle...you will find pretty simple to manage the same.

Regards,
Aniket
Re: Oracle Audit ( Pls help! ) [message #94943 is a reply to message #94929] Tue, 25 June 2002 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hoon
Hi Aniket,

Appreciated your reply.

Wonder if it will incur a cost if we contact Oracle?

Basically, i am auditing the Financial and Accounting Systems on ORacle. I will be focusing at the AR, AP, Purchase, GL, Inventory,fixed asset module.

I have only allocated a minmal audit man day on this project and i am focusing at the application level on this audit , looking at segregation of duties, the access control privilege and other secuirty Vulnerabilities . I would like to knw any function, access given to the individuals to eliminate conflicting duties in the module.

I would like to tap into your expertise and the Oracle FAQ's pool of expertise for my audit.

Would u pls share with me any security Vulnerabilities in oracle and any configuration setting in particular that i need to take note.

It may not be possible and appropriate for me to approach Oracle. Hope u understand.

In additions, I read from the unsuccessful login audit report, I came across user name, anonymous, many times. I checked with ITD, they are not aware of it and they cannot look up this user name. Any idea?

Thanks again and appreciate your attention.

Hoon
p/s: U may also contact me thru hoonts@excite.com
Re: Oracle Audit ( Pls help! ) [message #94967 is a reply to message #94929] Mon, 08 July 2002 23:58 Go to previous message
Khalil Rehman
Please reply directly to my email for impartial audit advice.

I am currently working on a white paper to present to the Oracle Applications User Group on this very subject and would love to help at no cost.

Would you be willing for me to use your data as part of my report?

regards

Khalil Rehman
Previous Topic: Re: Oracle financial consultant training course
Next Topic: Oracle Payroll Contract Opportunity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:24:49 CDT 2024