Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle Financial GL/AP, OFA, Oracle ADI Network latency requirement
Oracle Financial GL/AP, OFA, Oracle ADI Network latency requirement [message #95016] Thu, 15 August 2002 08:10 Go to next message
Haibao
Hi,

My company implemented the following Oracle application in a WAN environment
- Oracle GL
- Oracle AP
- Oracle Financial Analysis (using express)
- Oracle Application Desktop Integrator

The network latency of from the client to the server is around 400ms. My questions as follows:

1 - Given the above list of application, what is the recommended network latency figure of such applications so that those application will have acceptable performance? Or if you have experience with such application, pls tell me ur network latency figures and the login time needed for those applications?
Re: Oracle Financial GL/AP, OFA, Oracle ADI Network latency requirement [message #95057 is a reply to message #95016] Thu, 26 September 2002 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glenn
Haibao,

400ms for a WAN is well within the acceptable range. Please review the white paper "A Holistic Approach To Performance Tuning Oracle Applications Systems Release 11 and 11i" -which is available via Metalink. The section you would be most concerned with is the Network Tuning section. You will see that Network Computing can withstand much higher network latency than client/server systems of the past (although ADI in your example is client/server - 400ms latency should not be an issue for you).

I have seen customers with latency from >10ms (LAN) to 1000+ (WAN) and still have acceptable performance. I would guess that WAN latency from 200 - 500 would be acceptable. As you will see when you review the white paper - there are many other factors to review than just latency.

Glenn
Re: Oracle Financial GL/AP, OFA, Oracle ADI Network latency requirement [message #95711 is a reply to message #95016] Mon, 19 April 2004 08:44 Go to previous message
urooj_syeda@yahoo.com
i want the demo project to be done as i am good at oracle financials,10.7 and 11i. plz help me out
Previous Topic: Oracle Interaction Center
Next Topic: View SQL statements underlying forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:03:44 CDT 2024