Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Differences between Interfaces and Conversion
Differences between Interfaces and Conversion [message #95391] Tue, 28 October 2003 09:47 Go to next message
Nolon
Are they same or different interms of Oracle Apps implementation. if they are different, whats the difference appreciate your answer.

Thanks
Re: Differences between Interfaces and Conversion [message #95392 is a reply to message #95391] Wed, 05 November 2003 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel
Hi,

Conversion, better Data Conversion is the process, when you convert all data from your legacy system (original system) to an other system, for eg. Oracle. Hereby you give up the original system, and do not use it anymore, so you move all data to the you system. This is called conversion.

Interfacing is, when you do not give up the original/source system, and feed data from this into the new ERP system you use, to integrate data and use a common data environment. Interface is a process that feeds the data either daily, monthly or whatever. Hereby you do not give up your original system.

let me know if this is unclear.
Creation of Interfaces [message #95402 is a reply to message #95392] Fri, 21 November 2003 08:14 Go to previous message
kris
Hi All,
Can anyone pls tell me how to create ur own interfaces
in oracle applications.
Thanks in advance
Previous Topic: Sorts Bus Areas in Discoverer 9i Admin
Next Topic: Creation of Interfaces
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:16:15 CDT 2024