Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Workflow Builder and tablespace
Workflow Builder and tablespace [message #95518] Fri, 13 February 2004 06:28 Go to next message
Kevin
We’ve recently moved to 11.5.8 (from 10.7) and now we would like to create and/or modify some workflows. However, when we try to save a workflow definition via Workflow Builder my user id does not have sufficient rights to save/update (I can view all of the seeded workflows and I can save workflows locally on my machine).

In working with my DBA to get a user id with appropriate access to save/update workflows, I was asked “what tablespace do you need write permissions to for workflow”. Can anyone help with this? Obviously my DBA is just wanting to grant write access to the tables which workflow needs write access to.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Re: Workflow Builder and tablespace [message #95530 is a reply to message #95518] Mon, 16 February 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric G.
Kevin,

I don't know if the info. below answers your question, but this is from my techo-functional analyst who makes sure Workflow is working after an upgrade or clone, including after our upgrade from 11.5.3 to 11.5.8:

Every time an upgrade is performed the default Oracle user account/responsibility assigned to the “Oracle Applications Workflow Administrator” is reset to the “SYSADMIN” user account. This means the only user ID that can access the workflow administrative functions is SYSADMIN. To change the default Oracle account for the Oracle Applications Workflow Administrator in the system, you must login as SYSADMIN. Once you login as SYSADMIN, you must then proceed to the “Global Preferences” HTML screen found under the workflow administrator application responsibility. Here you can reset the default Oracle user account/responsibility from SYSADMIN to another user account or responsibility.

What we have done in the past is set this default Oracle user account to the responsibility “Workflow Administrator FND_RESP0:21613”. Now anybody with the Oracle Responsibility “Workflow Administrator” assigned to their user account can access the workflow administrative functions. I have done this for the 11.5.8 Production Instance.
Re: Workflow Builder and tablespace [message #95532 is a reply to message #95530] Tue, 17 February 2004 09:29 Go to previous message
Kevin
Thanks for the Response Eric.

We left the sysadmin user account setup as the Oracle Applications Workflow Administrator and access isn’t an issue within Oracle 11.5.8 itself. The problem is when using the Workflow Builder application to create/modify a workflow (Workflow Builder is a separate GUI type application to view/create/modify workflows and exists outside of 11.5.8).

The id that I use to connect to the database (to save/modify a workflow) doesn’t have sufficient access to complete the task (this is the same ID that I use when running queries via TOAD or any other query tool; this id is different from the id I use to log onto 11.5.8). Over the weekend I did some research and it appears that you have to use the APPS schema to save/modify a workflow. I ran across the following statement in some Oracle documentation related to saving workflows: “If you are using the version of Oracle Workflow embedded in Oracle Applications, use the APPS schema to connect to the database.”

So the problem appears to be an access issue for me to work out with our DBA’s. Due to security and separation of duty type issues, I don’t have update or create capabilities to our database through a query tool; I currently only create records through the 11.5.8 application itself. Only our DBA’s can currently execute update or create SQL statements. I do SysAdmin duties and now Workflow Admin duties as well.

As you can probably tell, we just recently moved to 11.5.8 and up to now have just used the seeded workflows that came with 11.5.8. We would like to eventually customize and/or create some of our own workflows. As far as I am aware, the only way to do this is through Workflow Builder.

Thanks. If some of this doesn’t sound correct, please let me know.
Previous Topic: Upgrade 10.7 to 11i - Changing the Calendar
Next Topic: Problem with Customization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:21:23 CDT 2024