Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » INV: Script for Serial Entry on Move Order
INV: Script for Serial Entry on Move Order [message #96025] Mon, 26 July 2004 05:49 Go to next message
Eric G.
In 11.5.8 INV/Shipping, we are trying to find any way to automate the Pick Confirm/Close Move Order process for items serialized AT RECEIPT.

Our business process starts with a manual Pick Release WITHOUT Auto-Allocation. After the pick release, our interface code can insert the S/N's onto the Move Order record thru a custom SQL script (no API is available for that). But the second step of our interface code is to call the Pick Confirm API. This Pick Confirm API fails during a "Is Allocate Complicated" function for some reason because of the way we inserted the S/N's.

Does anyone know why our S/N insert might cause this function to fail or any way to trick this function so that it does not fail?

Eric
Re: INV: Script for Serial Entry on Move Order [message #96028 is a reply to message #96025] Tue, 27 July 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnar Johannessen
Do You insert into MTL_SERIAL_NUMBERS_TEMP with TRANSACTION_TEMP_ID as reference to the move order in MTL_MATERIAL_TRANSACTIONS_TEMP?

Have You also intialized the session as an APPS session with call to FND_GLOBAL.APPS_INITIALIZE before call to the Pick Confirm API procedure?

Magnar
Re: INV: Script for Serial Entry on Move Order [message #96029 is a reply to message #96028] Tue, 27 July 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric G.
Magnar,

Thank you for your reply. Here is the response from my developer:

Q: Do You insert into MTL_SERIAL_NUMBERS_TEMP with TRANSACTION_TEMP_ID as reference to the move order in MTL_MATERIAL_TRANSACTIONS_TEMP?

ANSWER: Yes, she inserts into the MTL_SERIAL_NUMBERS_TEMP table with that ID as reference.

Q: Have you also intialized the session as an APPS session with call to FND_GLOBAL.APPS_INITIALIZE before call to the Pick Confirm API procedure?

ANSWER: No, she did not initialize. But she will try now, although she thinks it will not resolve the problem.

Problem now is that the Pick Confirm by API is successful, but the manual Ship Confirm fails. This is with Auto-Allocation turned OFF.

Metalink documents claim that Auto-Allocation needs to be turned ON in order for the Pick Confirm API to work. Can you verify that the API works with Auto-Allocation turned OFF?

Thanks,
Eric
Re: INV: Script for Serial Entry on Move Order [message #96030 is a reply to message #96029] Wed, 28 July 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnar Johannessen
Eric

First of all,our environment is 11.5.9.

We use Auto-allocation set to ON as default for Pick Release, but I made a test case with Auto-Allocation set OFF. Then I had to Allocate before I could call the Pick Confirm API successfully. (The record in Mtl_Material_Transactions_Temp was created when I performed the allocation).

I made two test with S/N:
One with specified allocation, updated the move order line record with From_Subinventory_Code and From_Locator_Id, and one not specified.
I used the Inv_Replenish_Detail_Pub.line_details_pub to do the allocation and inserted the S/N in Mtl_Serial_Numbers_Temp before calling the Pick Confirm API.
Ship Confirm was successful.

So therefore I'm quite sure you have to perform a allocation before you do a Pick Confirm, either you use the API or manually use standard application form.

Hope this answered Your question.
Magnar
THANKS! Re: INV: Script for Serial Entry on Move Order [message #96031 is a reply to message #96030] Wed, 28 July 2004 06:59 Go to previous message
Eric G.
Magnar,

Thanks for doing so much testing and explaining to us. Yesterday, my developer came up with a similar solution to yours with one difference.

Yesterday, she used the Move_Order_Line_Detail_Pub before calling the Pick Confirm API. Her Ship Confirm was successful.

Prior to yesterday, she did not use any such Pub before calling the Pick Confirm API.

If she did not try this yesterday, then we would have tried your solution and, I assume, had success.

Thanks again!

Eric
Previous Topic: Oracle applications 11i (11.5.9) Cluster without Oracle RAC
Next Topic: Any way/tool to open a .rep report without Oracle Report Builder.?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:44:29 CDT 2024