Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » stored procedures
stored procedures [message #96262] Wed, 06 October 2004 22:53 Go to next message
usha
i hav added the executable,program ,request grp everything needed to run a stored procedure in oracle apps.It is even executing properly.But i cant see the output on the screen
Re: stored procedures [message #96271 is a reply to message #96262] Thu, 07 October 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aleksander
Did you use FND_FILE to put the output to the out and log files?

See Chapter 21 "PL/SQL APIs for Concurrent Processing" in the "Oracle Applications Developer's Guide".

--
Aleksander
Re: stored procedures [message #96278 is a reply to message #96271] Sun, 10 October 2004 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
usha
yes i tried and got it.Thank you.But can u use DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE to get the same result?
Re: stored procedures [message #96284 is a reply to message #96278] Mon, 11 October 2004 04:36 Go to previous message
Aleksander
Is there any particular reason you want to use DBMS_OUTPUT?

Personally I have made a package for writing to the logs, where I can just change a global variable when I want to route the output to DBMS_OUTPUT instead so that I am still able to run the process outside of concurrent manager.

The procedure for printing in the package would be something like this:

IF g_debug
THEN
dbms_output...
ELSE
fnd_file...
END IF;

If you for some reason really want to use DBMS_OUTPUT it is possible to do this and still get the results into the output file if you call the procedure from an SQL*Plus script that you set up as a concurrent process.

--
Aleksander
Previous Topic: A to Z @1500 Siebel 7.5 for needy ones
Next Topic: Oracle ASCP Consultant required
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:59:58 CDT 2024