Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Please Help - Oracle 11.5.10 Installation Help on Windows XP Profession SP2
icon8.gif  Please Help - Oracle 11.5.10 Installation Help on Windows XP Profession SP2 [message #128371] Mon, 18 July 2005 04:36
nmhamdan

Dear Friends,

I am trying to install Oracle Applications 11.5.10 on my friend's PC who has taken an online course on oracle financials.

The PC has following configuration:-

Pentium IV 2.4 GHZ processor
512 MB RAM
200 GB harddisk with C: as 50 GB and D: as 150 GB

I have installaed the pre-requisites as follows:

D:\CYGWIN instead of MKS tool kit

Installed GNUMAKE 3.79.1 and copied the GNUMAKE.exe in the winrel folder to winnt\system32 folder.

Installed MS Visual C++ and applied SP5

Installed JAVA SDK 1.4.2 in d:\jdk142.

Changed the hosts file in system32\drivers\etc to have an entry for domain 127.0.0.1 pcname.xyz.com.

I set the directory for MKS toolkit to d:\Cygwin and I set the Development tools directory to D:\MVS\MSDEV98.

The installer checks for the pre-requisites and gave me an error in system utilities check.

The initial error was 'which' command cannot be found.

Later I copied the which.exe to D:\Cygwin and winnt\system32 folder from D:\Cygwin\bin folder. This cleared the which command error.

Later I hit an error saying 'cc' not found. I was unable to resolve this.

I proceeded the installation and in step 1 of 5 after unzipping the 130 files (after the promp for the Database install disk 1) the system gives me a

RW5004 ERROR saying that JSP not responding. I tried to stop the service of oraclehttpserver and start again. The service shuts down immediately after starting. I couldn't proceed due to this error.

ANYBODY WHO HAVE INSTALLED 011i CAN HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Humdhan
Previous Topic: Oracle 11i Help
Next Topic: Question / Salary Proposals
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 19:21:43 CDT 2024