Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Please Help - Oracle 11.5.10 Installation Help on Windows XP Profession SP2
icon8.gif  Please Help - Oracle 11.5.10 Installation Help on Windows XP Profession SP2 [message #128372] Mon, 18 July 2005 04:39 Go to next message
nmhamdan

Dear Friends,

I am trying to install Oracle Applications 11.5.10 on my friend's PC who has taken an online course on oracle financials.

The PC has following configuration:-

Pentium IV 2.4 GHZ processor
512 MB RAM
200 GB harddisk with C: as 50 GB and D: as 150 GB

I have installaed the pre-requisites as follows:

D:\CYGWIN instead of MKS tool kit

Installed GNUMAKE 3.79.1 and copied the GNUMAKE.exe in the winrel folder to winnt\system32 folder.

Installed MS Visual C++ and applied SP5

Installed JAVA SDK 1.4.2 in d:\jdk142.

Changed the hosts file in system32\drivers\etc to have an entry for domain 127.0.0.1 pcname.xyz.com.

I set the directory for MKS toolkit to d:\Cygwin and I set the Development tools directory to D:\MVS\MSDEV98.

The installer checks for the pre-requisites and gave me an error in system utilities check.

The initial error was 'which' command cannot be found.

Later I copied the which.exe to D:\Cygwin and winnt\system32 folder from D:\Cygwin\bin folder. This cleared the which command error.

Later I hit an error saying 'cc' not found. I was unable to resolve this.

I proceeded the installation and in step 1 of 5 after unzipping the 130 files (after the promp for the Database install disk 1) the system gives me a

RW5004 ERROR saying that JSP not responding. I tried to stop the service of oraclehttpserver and start again. The service shuts down immediately after starting. I couldn't proceed due to this error.

ANYBODY WHO HAVE INSTALLED 011i CAN HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Humdhan
Re: Please Help - Oracle 11.5.10 Installation Help on Windows XP Profession SP2 [message #128991 is a reply to message #128372] Thu, 21 July 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sanjayapps

Please find the steps that I got from one of the forums. It seems these steps provided a successful installation. Try your luck by following these .....

System Requirements :Win XP, 80 GB, Intel Celeron CPU 2.80 GHz, 1 GB RAM , so it should work on anything with a higher spec.

Prep: Stage the CDs. One change with 11.5.10 worth mentioning is that Oracle in their wisdom has made the CD staging easier. The CD are now DVDs and if you download Active perl from perl.com , you should find that most of the staging are done for you - all you need to do is pop in the cds when it asks for it.

Here are the steps -

1. I installed MKS toolkit . Make sure your installed directory is C:\MKS

2. I installed VC++ 6 from Microsoft Visual Studio CD to c:\MVS . Make sure the other defaults to C:\VC98 - this is important! After installing, I then copied the link.exe file from the C:\VC98\Bin folder to c:\winnt\system32 folder .

3. I downloaded make-3.79.1. Extracted it to C:\. You should now have a c:\make-3.79.1 folder. Look in this folder for the build_w32.bat file *double click on it and it should run for about a minute. You might have to do this twice for it to work .( At one point it was looking for link.exe - see point 2 above , you might want to restart your machine). If it runs successfully , look in the WinRel folder for gnumake.exe and copy
it to c:\MKS\mksnt folder

4. I downloaded jdk1.3.1_09 from http://java.sun.com
Installed it to c:\jdk13 . Make sure there is no "." in the directory name . I also Set Classpath = .; in the environment variable and also added the c:\jdk13\bin to the PATH variable.

5. I made an entry 127.0.0.1 lacalhost.streed.com. Just opened
c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file , and copied the '127.0.0.1 localhost ' line , pasted below it and added the. streed.com to the second line like this 127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 localhost.streed.com

6. Go to Network - > Local Area Connection -> right click Properties -> click TCP/IP properties -> advanced -> click DNS tab -> enter DNS suffix for this
connection as your domain (streed.com)

7. I ran rapidwiz , used all the settings generated above, make sure you change the c:\mksnt to c:\mks\mksnt .Also , it you install on a 0gb laptop like I did , you might have to go for Prod and not Vis because of file space.

8. VERY IMPORTANT! DON'T FORGET TO DO THIS!!! - During Step 4 of 5 , go to the jserv.properties file and change the "wrapper.bin" to whatever it is to wrapper.bin =c:\jdk13\jre\bin\java.exe !!!!

This is what I did to get a 'perfect' install - no errors during or after the installation . If I've missed anything here take a look at other posts on this forum for 11.5.9 . It's exactly the same for 11.5.10 .

Regards,

Sanjay Challagundla
Re: Please Help - Oracle 11.5.10 Installation Help on Windows XP Profession SP2 [message #129081 is a reply to message #128991] Thu, 21 July 2005 19:30 Go to previous message
nmhamdan

Thanks Sanjay,

I guess I have seen this in 'ittoolbox' forum. I followed exactly the same except for installing CYGWIN in the places of MKS and the installation directory for other pre-requisites was D: instead of C:.

Anyway I will try my luck again.

Thanks for your time and help.

Regards,

Humdhan
Previous Topic: gap analysis
Next Topic: What has been changed for 11.5.10?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 20:52:49 CDT 2024