Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Info Needed
Info Needed [message #130164] Thu, 28 July 2005 08:51 Go to next message
Shaila.Mehra

Hi to everyone..

I need information about Oracle apps 11i API's. Wht are these all about. Can any one send me information.
Waiting naa...

B Bye.
And have a
very-2 nice day.

Shaila..
Re: Info Needed [message #130173 is a reply to message #130164] Thu, 28 July 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Art Metzer
I think every Oracle Applications document contains text to the effect of the following:

Quote:

Do Not Use Database Tools to Modify Oracle Applications Data
Oracle STRONGLY RECOMMENDS that you never use SQL*Plus, Oracle Data Browser, database triggers, or any other tool to modify Oracle Applications data unless otherwise instructed.

Oracle provides powerful tools you can use to create, store, change, retrieve, and maintain information in an Oracle database. But if you use Oracle tools such as SQL*Plus to modify Oracle Applications data, you risk destroying the integrity of your data and you lose the ability to audit changes to your data.

Because Oracle Applications tables are interrelated, any change you make using Oracle Applications can update many tables at once. But when you modify Oracle Applications data using anything other than Oracle Applications, you may change a row in one table without making corresponding changes in related tables. If your tables get out of synchronization with each other, you risk retrieving erroneous information and you risk unpredictable results throughout Oracle Applications.

When you use Oracle Applications to modify your data, Oracle Applications automatically checks that your changes are valid. Oracle Applications also keeps track of who changes information. If you enter information into database tables using database tools, you may store invalid information. You also lose the ability to track who has changed your information because SQL*Plus and other database tools do not keep a record of changes.

APIs are the legitimate means Oracle provides for you to modify Oracle Applications data.

Oracle Applications APIs are particularly prevalent in the Human Resources module. If you have MetaLink access, please see MetaLink document 121964.1.
Re: Info Needed [message #130371 is a reply to message #130173] Fri, 29 July 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shaila.Mehra

Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion.

But i dont have metalik account. And i always failed to make it.
So plz... give me other way to reach the knowledge of API's.

Waiting for your response again.
So plz.. dont let me down..

Thanks
Shaila.
Re: Info Needed [message #130378 is a reply to message #130371] Fri, 29 July 2005 11:58 Go to previous message
vikrams

Hi Shaila,
As per the Process, you should have a Support Identifier with you to get you register to Metalink.
The Support Identifier is given to the customer's or Partner's of Oracle.
Now you are aware of the process.
If want more help, then please fell free to post.

HTH

Byee and TC
Thanks,
Vikram
Previous Topic: Year end process setup Document - India Localization
Next Topic: customer interface
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 22:08:05 CDT 2024