Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Payables open interface - sequences
Payables open interface - sequences [message #141708] Tue, 11 October 2005 12:50 Go to next message
nwaps
Hi,

i have a question about payables open interface.
Is it possible to import invoices (via open interface) in Oracle Payables without sequence number?
I mean that users wants to import invoices and only in a second time confirm the invoice (and get the sequece number).

Has anyone customize this way the AP interface?

tnkx in advance
Re: Payables open interface - sequences [message #141834 is a reply to message #141708] Wed, 12 October 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vk_appstech
hi,,
i have worked on this payable open interface,.but if u could tell me the exact requirement,,may be i will be in a position to reply the query.i have used the sequences as per our requirment during the conversion.anyway what is the second tinme u r talking about,?
regards
vk
Re: Payables open interface - sequences [message #141887 is a reply to message #141834] Wed, 12 October 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nwaps
hi,
the requirement is for customer users to be able to get the sequence number of one invoice, only when he approve it.

So the stages could be:
- Import of the invoices via open interface from other system
- Storage of the invoice in AP tables without sequence number (or without definitive sequence number)
- User checks and approves invoices and in this second time system gives the sequence number (definitive doc_squence_value) to documents.

In other words, the question is if it is possible to import (via open interface) in AP tables invoices without sequence info (or the possibility to change these info in a second time).

I think some possible problems are:
- errors querying (from AP forms) invoices without sequence info
- the preservation of correct relation between AP table info and AX table info
- others

don't know if this has explained the question. Let me know

regards
Re: Payables open interface - sequences [message #141991 is a reply to message #141887] Thu, 13 October 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
I have seen something like this done. The invoices were imported and given document numbers from a "temporary" sequence. When they were approved there were some custom code that replaced the document number with one from a permanent sequence. This did however involve direct manipulation of data in the tables which is not usually supported.

You might consider an alternative solution. When processing invoices it is, at least in public sector circles, usual to do this in a two-stage process.

1. Certification - The invoice is received and it is verified that it is an invoice for goods that have been ordered, received and found acceptable. The accounting is also usually done here.
  2. Approval - The invoice is approved so that it can be paid. This gives supervisors a heads up of invoices that might affect their budget and is also a precaution against fraud by the person responsible for certifying the invoice.

Approval is perhaps not the accurate term, since the goods have been ordered and received you have an obligation to pay no matter what. Ideally you do not need the processing described above as this has already been done when approving the PR and when receiving the goods. If the invoice matches the PO and receipt, it should automatically be approved. But I digress.

The certification step could be done using the Payables Invoice Open Interface validation workflow and the Invoice Gateway form (or your own custom self-service web pages).

What I am suggesting is that you could keep the invoices that you are not quite sure about in the open interface until you are ready to give them a permanent number.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Payables open interface - sequences [message #142014 is a reply to message #141991] Thu, 13 October 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nwaps
adragnes,

certainly we'll have to detail further the meaning of the process with customer in next meetings, in order to understand what they want to do with the "approve", and then consider the "alternative solution" you suggest.

however could you tell me some more about this customization?

adragnes wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 01:47

I have seen something like this done. The invoices were imported and given document numbers from a "temporary" sequence. When they were approved there were some custom code that replaced the document number with one from a permanent sequence. This did however involve direct manipulation of data in the tables which is not usually supported.

Does this way mean that invoices enter in AP/AX tables (AP_INVOICVES_ALL, AP_INVOICE_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL, AX_DOCUMENT_STATUSES, AX_EVENTS, AP_PAYMENT_SCHEDULES...)with a temporary DOC_SEQUENCE_ID and DOC_SEQUENCE_VALUE and than these are replaced with permanent info?
Re: Payables open interface - sequences [message #142096 is a reply to message #142014] Thu, 13 October 2005 08:17 Go to previous message
adragnes
The solution in question was not developed by me or my company and was originally developed for 10.7 so things have changed a bit -- at that time there were no approval workflow for Payables invoices for instance.

After that disclaimer, to your question. The only of the tables you mentioned it did update was AP_INVOICES_ALL. Actually you do not need to update most of the tables in question as only AP_INVOICES_ALL and AX_EVENTS actually hold the document number.

If you go for a solution like this, you will have to test very carefully.

The safe alternative is to use the open interface. In case you wondered it is fully possible to enter invoices manually in the interface using the Invoice Gateway form.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Previous Topic: hi, can anyone tell how to download EBS cd's
Next Topic: way to get implementation guide for financilas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 22:16:03 CDT 2024