Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle Apps Database Concepts
Oracle Apps Database Concepts [message #164571] Fri, 24 March 2006 00:46 Go to next message
Lachmi
Hi,

My queries is :
If I create tables & packaged procedures (meant for Payables) in apps schema but register/define then as Concurrent Program under Payables as the application, will they work ?

I am facing problem while running a Concurrent Program. The scenario is as follows :
1. Created 2 staging tables in apps schema
2. Created a PL/SQL packaged procedure in apps schema which takes an IN parameter and is used by the main cursor to fetch data which is further validated. Most of the tables used are in apps schema & rest are either views or synonyms.
3. Executed the procedure from Sql*Plus successfully by logging under apps.

After registering the above packaged procedure as a Concurrent Program under the Application - Payables, the IN parameter takes a NULL value which is apparent from the message in the log. If I remove the IN parameter & run the program for all records it works fine from SRW.

The scripts files are attached
  • Attachment: pkg.txt
    (Size: 9.75KB, Downloaded 2191 times)
Re: Oracle Apps Database Concepts [message #164736 is a reply to message #164571] Sat, 25 March 2006 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kittu915
hi..
if you want to create concurent program for the package which uses some other schema's table ,first grant all previleges on the table to the payable, and try..i think it has to work.
i have seen ur package..i think u know the importance of errbuff and retcode parameters..right??

good luck..
kittu.
Re: Oracle Apps Database Concepts [message #164820 is a reply to message #164736] Sun, 26 March 2006 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lachmi
Thanks Kittu.

What is standard practice ? Should we compile packages in apps schema or in the module specific schema ?

I will appreciate all inputs on errbuff and retcode parameters as I only know that they are used for sending execution status to the Concurrent Manager but am not very sure about their usage.

Re: Oracle Apps Database Concepts [message #164830 is a reply to message #164571] Sun, 26 March 2006 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manwadkar

Did you register your tables in Oracle apps. YOur table entries should be in FND_TABLES and FND_COLUMNS tables.
Re: Oracle Apps Database Concepts [message #164835 is a reply to message #164830] Mon, 27 March 2006 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lachmi
Hi manwadka,
I don't need to register my staging tables because they are not being used by any front-end.

Providing grants of the apps object to ap worked fine. Moreover once I shifted the p_source IN patameter after the errbuff & retcode parameters even the parameter passing is taking palce successfully.

Thanks.
Re: Oracle Apps Database Concepts [message #164971 is a reply to message #164835] Mon, 27 March 2006 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kittu915
hi lachmi...
Generally what people will do is create tables in the schema according to which module they use(here in AP) and will grant all privileges to apps(creating sysnonym is some times needed), by default oracle looks for apps schema only,so compile your package in apps only.
Regarding errbuff& retcode , defaulty they are out parameters and as you said they are used to execution status to concurrent manager as i know..try in metalink.

Kittu.
Re: Oracle Apps Database Concepts [message #176451 is a reply to message #164971] Thu, 08 June 2006 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
konka_kiran

Hi,

I assume no error in the package after seeing the attachment. Can you upload the error message screen shot, for better understanding.

For your information.

Create all the custom tables, or intermediate tables in the custom schema created.

Create the public synonym for the custom tables tables, keep synonym name as same as the table name.

Grant all the previliges to the Apps user on these Tables. Else
You require to register the custom schemas user/pwd in the oracle apps, front end through Database Users Window.

Now being in Apps schema, you should be able to access the custom schema's custom objects.

You required to place the package in apps schema and compile in apps schema.

The first two out parameters are must for registering the procedure/package into oracle apps concurrent programm.

Hope this helps you out.

Regards,
Kiran
Re: Oracle Apps Database Concepts [message #176512 is a reply to message #164571] Thu, 08 June 2006 09:58 Go to previous message
agostino_neto
First, there is no parameter in your package.
You can set a value to errbuf or retcode when an error occurs.
These values will give the completion code (success, error, warning) and message.
In addition to what Kiran said, we generally create Concurrent Program under custom application (you can add your program to custom or standard request group).
Previous Topic: needed some interactive material for GL
Next Topic: Parent A/c and Child A/c
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 15 18:50:48 CDT 2024