Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » SYSAUX is running out of space
SYSAUX is running out of space [message #166431] Thu, 06 April 2006 05:05 Go to next message
aidi-h
I am currently reviewing a customers machine and found that the tablespace SYSAUX is steadily running out of available space.
It is filling up with various item owned by numerous owners including SYS,SYSTEM,EXFSYS,ORDSYS,MDSYS,WKSYS amongst others. Objects that are being created here include TABLE,LOB INDEXES,INDEX,INDEX PARTITIONS and others.
Can anyone advise why this may be gradually increasing and the best method to clear this down?
I can always increase the tablespace however I would like to see if this can be tidied up instead.
Re: SYSAUX is running out of space [message #166434 is a reply to message #166431] Thu, 06 April 2006 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>EXFSYS,ORDSYS,MDSYS,WKSYS amongst others
Who are the others?
No user is supposed to have custom objects here.
If above mentioned schemas/options are not used, you can lock the account.
Re: SYSAUX is running out of space [message #166437 is a reply to message #166431] Thu, 06 April 2006 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aidi-h
Attached is a full listing of the segments in dba_segments.
hope this provide some useful information for you.
Thanks
  • Attachment: tbfull.xls
    (Size: 536.00KB, Downloaded 3008 times)
Re: SYSAUX is running out of space [message #166438 is a reply to message #166437] Thu, 06 April 2006 05:24 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
For some reason, SYSAUX is been used default tablespace for all the optional schemas.
As said before, If you are not using those options, lock the accounts or remove them.
If you are using them, move those objects gracefully to another regular tablesepace.
Previous Topic: excess redo log generation
Next Topic: Confused about the default schema.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 02:26:39 CDT 2024