Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Hierarchies - COA
Hierarchies - COA [message #177383] Wed, 14 June 2006 07:01 Go to next message
LXC3076

All,

I have a need to maintain 8 digits for the account segment (natural segment) within the Accounting Flexfield. The accounting plan for portugal has a requirement to report at 3 or sometimes 4 digits.
How do I achieve this in Oracle assuming all my accounting entries have been entered at 8 digits?

Thanks in advance

L
Re: Hierarchies - COA [message #177394 is a reply to message #177383] Wed, 14 June 2006 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gaizka71
you might create 3/4 digit accounts as parents of te 8 digit ones in order to sumarize the data and show those on the report...?
just my two cents..
Re: Hierarchies - COA [message #177422 is a reply to message #177383] Wed, 14 June 2006 09:12 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
Yes, I agree. You could use Parent Accounts with 3 or 4 digits if you want to report on the values using FSG. If you want to be able to display the values online, you might want to define Summary Accounts with 3 or 4 digits. However, there is a performance hit when using Summary Accounts, because the values have to be posted to the Summary Accounts as well. I don't know how big that performance hit will be - you will have to try it out for yourself in a TEST environment.

For more information on Parent Accounts and Summary Accounts, please refer to the General Ledger User's Guide.

Cool HTH

David.
Previous Topic: Finding CostCenter Description from GL
Next Topic: FSG
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 15 15:18:18 CDT 2024