Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Embeded Function in Notification Activity
Embeded Function in Notification Activity [message #177478] Wed, 14 June 2006 22:28 Go to next message
ying
Hi,

I'm now trying to embed PL/SQL function in notification activity. If I'm not mistaken, this is call a post-notification function. I found that once I have added the function in the notification activity, the result type (Approved/Rejected) which is supposed to return from the notification upon user's respond was not return. So, I believe that I should do something in my Pl/SQL function.

So, from my understanding, I should get the result within Pl/SQL function upon user's respond, i.e:

if ( funcmode = RESPOND ) then
<your RESPOND executable statements>
resultout := 'COMPLETE';
return;
end if;

But how should I get the value of the result type upon user's respond???

Pls advise.....

Re: Embeded Function in Notification Activity [message #177516 is a reply to message #177478] Thu, 15 June 2006 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
I don't think the result type is given by your post-notification function.
Check your notification has a result type - Approval, also check your process diagram. What do you do next depending on user reject or approbation?
For resultout look at Developer’s Guide. There is an explanation for different results (COMPLETE, WAITING, DEFERED, NOTIFIED, ERROR).
Re: Embeded Function in Notification Activity [message #177637 is a reply to message #177478] Thu, 15 June 2006 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ying
Hi,

I manage to solve the problem by getting the result from my notification in the post-notification function and return the value from my post-notification in order to transite to next node. Below is my code:

SELECT
notification_id into ntf_id
FROM
wf_item_activity_statuses
WHERE
process_activity = p_actid
and item_key = p_item_key;

nft_result := Wf_Notification.GetAttrText
(nid =>ntf_id ,
aname =>'RESULT');

result := 'COMPLETE:'nft_result;

Re: Embeded Function in Notification Activity [message #177742 is a reply to message #177637] Fri, 16 June 2006 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Ying,

You should be able to replace the first query with a call to WF_ENGINE.CONTEXT_NID.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Embeded Function in Notification Activity [message #177907 is a reply to message #177742] Sat, 17 June 2006 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
Ying,

Did you try with the function out of the notification (after) ?
Re: Embeded Function in Notification Activity [message #177974 is a reply to message #177478] Sun, 18 June 2006 20:39 Go to previous message
ying
Ya, have tested the function and it works great.
Previous Topic: Finding [Delivery #, Packing Slip #] for a given [Invoice #]
Next Topic: Error creating customer- 'AR_NO_ROW_IN_SYSTEM_PARAMETERS'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 15 17:09:57 CDT 2024