Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Document Sequences
Document Sequences [message #178203] Tue, 20 June 2006 02:16 Go to next message
LXC3076
All,

Please can somebody explain what are document sequences?
I need to understand this point so that I can determine the number of set of books for my mult-org implementation.
Do document sequences for example in european countries control auxilary legder report numbering and invoice numbering (Internal)?

Any help would be much appreciated

Lewis
Re: Document Sequences [message #178238 is a reply to message #178203] Tue, 20 June 2006 04:16 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
Lewis,

You can read about Document Sequences in the "Oracle Applications System Administrator's Guide". If you do not have a copy, it can be downloaded, with all of the other Applications Documentation from http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/applications.html

There are 16 pages describing Document Sequences, what they are and what they do. If this does not answer all of your questions, can you please come back with a more sepcific question?

Yes, in some European countries, there is a legal requirement for "Gapless" sequences, so that if a transaction is not completed, it is still recorded. Thus the taxation authorities can be sure that we are not "hiding" sales invoices and the associated revenue.

If your requirements are not as strict as that, there are some articles on MetaLink about preventing gaps in sequences. When the system allocates invoice numbers (not using the Document Sequences, but a simpler technique) the default is to issue them in blocks of 20, in a cache. If all of the numbers in the cache are not used, they are "lost". You can override the cache size of 20 to "nocache", but obviously this will have a minor performance impact. For more information on this, please refer to the articles in MetaLink.

Cool HTH

David
Previous Topic: assist me with OCP
Next Topic: REPORT CUSTOMIZATION
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 15 16:43:12 CDT 2024