Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Custom.pll problem
Custom.pll problem [message #178387] Tue, 20 June 2006 23:33 Go to next message
deepayan
Hi All,

I need to make some changes in custom.pll. But whenever I am going to do that it is giving an error "Program too large".
What may be done regarding this?
Removing spaces & comments is of no help & I can't remove existing codes also .
Thanks in advance.

---------
Deepayan

Re: Custom.pll problem [message #178555 is a reply to message #178387] Wed, 21 June 2006 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Deepayan,

It could be that you have hit size limit for a PL/SQL package in Oracle Forms. Is your CUSTOM package huge? If so, you should consider dividing the code up into several packages.

Personally, I like to have a separate package for each form I use the CUSTOM Library to extend. In the CUSTOM package I only call the corresponding functions and procedures in the form-specific packages. Just make sure to give the new packages names after CUSTOM alphabetically, or you will get errors. I usually name them XX_<name of form>.

If you have many people working on CUSTOM Library extensions at the same time, it is also worthwhile to consider putting the packages in separate PLLs. There is a performance hit, but you will be able to migrate extensions to different forms more or less independently.

This is however no longer such a big concern after the advent of forms personalisations. The need to do CUSTOM Library extensions have been reduced significantly.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Custom.pll problem [message #178635 is a reply to message #178387] Thu, 22 June 2006 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deepayan
Dear Aleksander,

Thanks for your prompt reply.I will try out the same.

--deepayan
Re: Custom.pll problem [message #180114 is a reply to message #178387] Fri, 30 June 2006 03:28 Go to previous message
konka_kiran

Hai Deepayan,

As Alexander said, try to create the custom plls and call them using the custom.pll, this will surely solve your problem. But the area of concern here is that the performance issue has to be considered while coding such a big requirement.

You also, try to use the forms personlization fature.

This will give most of the requirements fulfilled.

Regards,
Kiran
Previous Topic: End-End implementation
Next Topic: Deletion of "Position Hierarchy"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 13:14:17 CDT 2024