Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » ENGINEERING-ITEM
ENGINEERING-ITEM [message #181456] Mon, 10 July 2006 03:58 Go to next message
COMRADE
HI COMRADES,

LAL SALAM.

I WANT TO CREATE AN ENGINEERING ITEM WHICH IS USED IN ENGINEERING MODULE ,HOW TO ENABLE THE ATTRIBUTE SO THAT ITEM IS AN ENGINEERING ITEM,IN DOCUMENTATION IT IS GIVEN THAT ENABLE ENGINEERING ATTRIBUTE AT MASTER LEVEL OF ITEM DEFINATION IN MASTER ITEMS (INV) BUT IAMUNABLE TO LOCATE THE ATTRIBUTRE IN MASTER ITEMS FORM.AND ALSO HOW TO SET AN ITEM AS MANUFACTURING ITEM.

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME IN THIS REGARDS,

REGARDS.
Re: ENGINEERING-ITEM [message #181693 is a reply to message #181456] Tue, 11 July 2006 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajamani.k
hi,
While creating the master items in inventory enable the BOM allowed in the bills of material tabbed region and also enable the build in wip check-box in the bills of material tab region. This enables the item as an engineering item.

This item will be enabled all over the engineering module. If u want to create the item as a manufacturing item u have to enable the required options in the purchasing and the inventory tab regions.

Hope it solves ur query.

Rajamani.
Re: ENGINEERING-ITEM [message #181896 is a reply to message #181693] Wed, 12 July 2006 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
COMRADE
Hello COMRADE,

Thank u for your reply it does clear my question but still i had small doubt , In Main tab of Master Items form of Inv there is "item status" field in which we can select Engineer, Desription "Engineering Item" (ofcourse in Vision Responsibility) does this will make item as engineering item or it is only a Desriptive field.Does this field as any effect on the item status .

Regards,
Re: ENGINEERING-ITEM [message #181976 is a reply to message #181896] Wed, 12 July 2006 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
COMRADE
Hi COMRADE,
Regarding Engineering Item ,I regret to say what you had said is partly correct,in SETUP->ITEMS->STATUSCODES we can see that for engineering item the options that were selected are
1.BOM ALLOWED
2.PURCHASABLE
3.STOCKABLE.
4.TRANSACTABLE.
It does not include Build In WIP ,which you had told to set .

We can see from same window that for production tem all options are selected,ofcourse these are predefined in vision i think they must have selected appropriate options while doeing so

So if itemstatus field in main tab of masteritems is selected as engineer then the item is considered as engineer item
generally we select itemstatus as active for which in status codes all options are enabled.

Please make a note of it if iam in correct please correct me.

Regards.
Re: ENGINEERING-ITEM [message #181998 is a reply to message #181456] Wed, 12 July 2006 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karna_btech005
hi,
is it mandatory that engineering item should be purchasable.
Re: ENGINEERING-ITEM [message #182447 is a reply to message #181998] Fri, 14 July 2006 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
COMRADE
HI COMRADE,

Yes u are right It is not Mandatory that Engineering item should be Purchasable,but at the engineering item stage built in WIP should not be enabled,since it is still in design stage when the design is accepted it will move to manufacturing stage then the item status is changed.

Regards,
Re: ENGINEERING-ITEM [message #182888 is a reply to message #182447] Tue, 18 July 2006 10:03 Go to previous message
karna_btech005
s, ur right.
Previous Topic: Item Category Flexfeild..
Next Topic: Defaulting Taxes from Quotation to Auto Created PO
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 12:56:32 CDT 2024