Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Dependent segment validation
Dependent segment validation [message #183170] Wed, 19 July 2006 15:27 Go to next message
matrixishere
Hi,
I am in a process to validate a given account in GL.
Given an account 0234.00.3456789.00.23.11 and chart of account id - 34556.
I have to validate the various segments and the crossval of this given account. I am able to do the segment level and combination level validation using the fnd_flex_keyval.validate_segs package.I am also able to get all the error message that anyone would get while entering an account from the front end. Now my problem is dependent account.
Suppose 0234 is the independent segment.3456789 is dependendent on 0234.Now if I disable this segment(3456789) then I will get the msg that segment 3456789 is disabled.
Now when I go from the front end to enable this segment it will ask the value of the independent valueset.and suppose the user does not know the independent valueset then he cannot go from the front end and enable the segment.
I need to provide to user the independent valueset name along with the disabled segment,if the disabled segment is of dependent type .
Any one know any api which can tell if a particular segment is dependent or not . and if dependent then its dependent on which segment. thru fnd_flex_keyval.validate_segs package i can get the segment number.So i can use that.
any ideas??
Thanks
Prashant
Re: Dependent segment validation [message #183332 is a reply to message #183170] Thu, 20 July 2006 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
I am not sure there is a package for that but you can surely do it yourself.
Since you have a known set of books (in your case) why are you looking for value set name ?
Re: Dependent segment validation [message #183351 is a reply to message #183332] Thu, 20 July 2006 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matrixishere
It is a full package in which i am doing the validation for the account.. and as an out i am taking the error msg which is put into a report and that report is sent to the user. The user will see that report and accordingly make the changes so that either the account is made valid or he/she will put a different accuonts on the failed journals.And this package is a part of different other packages who will use it to validate the account.
Now in the error message if i say that this segment is disabled(suppose a dependent segment) and the user who dosnt know the segment on which it is dependent then will not be able to enable it .

how does set of books help here ?
Re: Dependent segment validation [message #183380 is a reply to message #183351] Thu, 20 July 2006 11:23 Go to previous message
agostino_neto
I don't know if you want the package to work for every single set of books.
Each set of books has one chart of account and that chart of account is composed of different segments.
So if your chart of account is not changing anymore then you should no that segment1 is ... and the value set is ...
Of course if you want the package to run for every single chart of account, then you will have to look at tables where flex fields structure, flex field segment, value sets are defined
Previous Topic: Normlab2 error -oracle clinical
Next Topic: How do I kill that wretched UK Trade Info pop-up in Oracle Financials?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 12:49:01 CDT 2024