Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Assigning Responsibility
Assigning Responsibility [message #184734] Thu, 27 July 2006 10:58 Go to next message
rsury
I have a have request that a Purchasing Super User needs to have access to
1) a specific GL Report (Detail Legder)
2) a view only option to payment details.

Is there a way to give these in a single responsibility, instead of 2 responsibility
Re: Assigning Responsibility [message #184829 is a reply to message #184734] Fri, 28 July 2006 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
Check if AP_APXPAWKB_VIEW_MENU menu is suitable.
You can always create a new request group with only one concurrent program and attach that request and the previous menu to your new responsibility
Re: Assigning Responsibility [message #185238 is a reply to message #184829] Mon, 31 July 2006 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsury
I did that by I am not able to access the concurrent program. It does not even show on the Navigation list. Only think it shows is the Payment Enquiry.

FYI. This is what I have done.
Created a New Request Group with Application as GL.
Added the Program Account Analysis to this group.

Created a Responsibility with Application as Payables.
Menu as AP_PAYMENTS_GUI12 Excluding (Payment Invoices, Payment, Batche, Overview)
Requeste Group as the above created Group.
Data Group as Standard and Application as Payables.
Re: Assigning Responsibility [message #185304 is a reply to message #184734] Tue, 01 August 2006 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vin_odks
Hi,

Please understand the relation between

1) Oracle Applications-->Responsibility-->User

2) Responsibility-->Menu-->

3) Responsibility-->Data group-->application

4) Responsibility-->Request group-->application

Regards
Vinod
Re: Assigning Responsibility [message #185392 is a reply to message #185304] Tue, 01 August 2006 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsury
Vinod,

I am not clear what you are trying to point out. I am quite familiar with these. But I'm trying to see whether it is possible or not.
Re: Assigning Responsibility [message #185515 is a reply to message #184734] Wed, 02 August 2006 01:52 Go to previous message
vin_odks
Hi,

I would like to point out that the lets not forget the usage of responsibility.

I feel responsibility is the secured access towards oracle individual Oracle applications

The basic security feature of Oracle apps is

User access the responsibility
Responsibility access the Oracle application

So why do we need to access two different Oracle application from a Single responsibility??

Where does modularity comes?

Please provide your point of view on this.

Regards
Vinod
Previous Topic: Implementation & Use of Payables.
Next Topic: OM----Drop shipment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 13:06:59 CDT 2024