Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » how do we move the database to a storage device
how do we move the database to a storage device [message #185769] Thu, 03 August 2006 08:36 Go to next message
vecha
Hi,

Currently i am working in an environment where there is a server housing the following :

a. Operating System - Linux ES 3.0
b. Oracle Applications - 11.5.9
c. Oracle Database - 9i

remote users (21 locations) are connected through a WAN connectivity. The performance of the server is upto the expectation of the end users.

Now there is a disk space constraint in the server and therefore we have planned to go for a storage device and an autoloader for backup purposes.

I need assistance on

a. How do i move the database from the existing server to the storage ?
b. After moving the database to the storage device, i propose to have only the OS and Application in the server so that i do not face the same disk space constraint which i have now.
c. Any other precautions i need to take before doing this exercise ( backup is regularly taken and applerpp is available in a cold backup form)

if possible i would appreciate any step by step advice is given.

thanks

vecha
Re: how do we move the database to a storage device [message #186230 is a reply to message #185769] Mon, 07 August 2006 02:35 Go to previous message
vecha
Hi,

Can any one please revert back. I am held up. appreciate any assistance.

regards

vecha
Previous Topic: how do we track the users (local and remote or their ip address)
Next Topic: PO need to print in PDF format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 13:09:49 CDT 2024