Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Loading FND_FLEX_VALUES from text file
Loading FND_FLEX_VALUES from text file [message #186175] Sun, 06 August 2006 17:38 Go to next message
gjones30
Is there a way to load the FND_FLEX_VALUES table from a text file. We not moving from one instance to another which would entail using FNDLOAD. This is a new install and we have defined an independent value set and would like to define the valid values for the set. These values are contained in a flat-file. Is their an API or other loader available? Can we do a direct table update to FND_FLEX_VALUES and FND_FLEX_VALUES_TL?
Re: Loading FND_FLEX_VALUES from text file [message #186309 is a reply to message #186175] Mon, 07 August 2006 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
Yes, you can avoid INSERT
Loader
DataLoad
WinRunner
API
FND_FLEX_VALUES_PKG
icon3.gif  Re: Loading FND_FLEX_VALUES from text file [message #186533 is a reply to message #186175] Tue, 08 August 2006 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
Personally, I would recommend DataLoad. If your users can use Excel, they use DataLoad. All of the data is loaded through the Oracle Forms with the full validation that this provides.

The "Classic" version is free and uses Windows' Copy & Paste.

The "Professional" version, which is modestly priced, uses Oracle Forms' Record and Playback facilities and runs on the server. It is fast and ideal for large volumes and repetitive tasks. I have used "Professional" to load over 2,700 Cross-segment Validation Rule Elements into each of 14 Sets of Books, making a total of some 30,000 Elements in just over 4.25 hours, which is a rate of nearly 7,200 per hour. Having proved that this worked in TEST, I then repeated it in UAT and PROD just by FTP-ing the file to the appropriate server and logging in to the Oracle Applications with the appropriate Responsibility, which then ran the load for me.

Cool HTH

David
Re: Loading FND_FLEX_VALUES from text file [message #186557 is a reply to message #186533] Tue, 08 August 2006 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gjones30
David,

Your reply and thorough response is much appreciate! I'd heard of dataload, but didn't know much about it. Thank you again for your help.
Re: Loading FND_FLEX_VALUES from text file [message #186558 is a reply to message #186533] Tue, 08 August 2006 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gjones30
Thanks ngouadjeu for your response.
Re: Loading FND_FLEX_VALUES from text file [message #186563 is a reply to message #186557] Tue, 08 August 2006 09:05 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
No problem.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, you should not update FND_FLEX_VALUES and FND_FLEX_VALUES_TL (or any other tables except the interface tables) directly or Oracle will not support you.

David.
Previous Topic: RETEK FORMS
Next Topic: Screenpop at Bill to level
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 13:34:46 CDT 2024