Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » How to limit a certain responsibility from being added onto a user account
How to limit a certain responsibility from being added onto a user account [message #188277] Thu, 17 August 2006 14:37 Go to next message
r_ramaa
We want to create a custom responsibility which basically allows only to create and maintain user accounts.

However we want to find out a way such that thru this custom
responsibility-->user setup form, no one is able to see or select 'System Administrator
responsibility.

Is there a way to achieve this ?

[Updated on: Thu, 17 August 2006 14:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to limit a certain responsibility from being added onto a user account [message #188770 is a reply to message #188277] Mon, 21 August 2006 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
I suppose you can use a different list of values for that responsibility. I think you will need to customize the form.
Re: How to limit a certain responsibility from being added onto a user account [message #189143 is a reply to message #188277] Wed, 23 August 2006 06:43 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
Hi,

Arrow I am not technical, I am functional
Arrow I have not done this before
Arrow I don't know anybody who has done this before

Arrow This is an educated guess
Arrow I can't do the coding for you, or correct it

Now, having got that lot out of the way, you might want to copy the standard form for maintaing users, then give the copy a different name starting XX, then find the SQL that obtains the list of available responsibilities and add the condition that it must not equal "System Administrator".

Cool HTH

Good luck

David
Previous Topic: How to refund deposit
Next Topic: Perpetual Costing in Oralce ERP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 12:46:40 CDT 2024