Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » About Oracle Fusion
About Oracle Fusion [message #189060] Wed, 23 August 2006 01:33 Go to next message
tnvssudhir
hi,
What is oracle fusion all about. Is it related to Java/J2EE any way. I am having 2 yrs exp in java/j2ee. will it suit me.
Came to know that there are some self service applications in oracle.Does oracle fusion comes under that.
Re: About Oracle Fusion [message #189097 is a reply to message #189060] Wed, 23 August 2006 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sheeba28
U can check the site below and can get detail regarding fusion.

http://www.oracle.com/applications/fusion.html

Oracle fusion Product will be the combination of other products which Oralce acquired. As you said all the self service modules need Java.. Those forms are designed in Javaframe work using Jdeveloper..
There are lot of oppurtunities in this area.. U need to have a bit of functional knowledge..
Re: About Oracle Fusion [message #189103 is a reply to message #189097] Wed, 23 August 2006 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tnvssudhir
hi,
thank u very much for the information.
1. What all comes under self service applications. i am not getting the correct information.

2.Does oracle fusion comes under functional r technical.

3.What is the functional knowledge for, is it for Self service applications or oracle fusion.

4. Finally as i said i am having 2yrs java/j2ee experience, so what wuld be the ideal one for me.

Thank u once again.
Re: About Oracle Fusion [message #189115 is a reply to message #189103] Wed, 23 August 2006 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sheeba28
To answer ur questions:

1.Mainly CRM Modules, iExpenses, iProcurement, iReceivables, iRecruitment, iSupplier like many more...
These are some of the modules.

2.Oracle Fusion is a product which has functional and technical.Hope you have idea about Oracle 11i and there are many versions for that. The next release will be Oracle Fusion which will be the best Release.

3.You can have the functional knowledge of some domain.. like
HRMS, Finance, CRM , etc. Functional knowledge is not mandatory. This is just to understand the flow.

4. For you, there will be openings for Java/J2EE esp for Oracle Apps. Apply for that. If you have knowledge of SQL/ PLSQL , it will be an added advantage.

Hope I answered all your queries. I am not an expert to answer these.These answers are limited to my knowledge. You can get better guidance from someone else.

Regards,
Sheeba

[Updated on: Wed, 23 August 2006 05:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: About Oracle Fusion [message #189128 is a reply to message #189115] Wed, 23 August 2006 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tnvssudhir
Hi,
thank u very much for that.
U have solved many of my queries.
Finally jst suggest me. shuld i go for OracleFusion or self service applications with the J2EE ex i am having.

Once again thanx a lot

Re: About Oracle Fusion [message #189146 is a reply to message #189060] Wed, 23 August 2006 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gogula77
Hi,

Just like Oracle E Business Suite 11i, Oracle Fusion contains all the modules(if not more).

But Fusion is built on different platfort ie JDeveloper. If you know java/j2ee, its a great plus point to you. start learning jdeveloper.

You can get the details of the JDeveloper from the
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/index.html

All the best

Regards

Gogula

[Updated on: Thu, 24 August 2006 04:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: About Oracle Fusion [message #189147 is a reply to message #189146] Wed, 23 August 2006 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tnvssudhir
thank u very much.
Re: About Oracle Fusion [message #192168 is a reply to message #189146] Mon, 11 September 2006 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tnvssudhir
Hi,
I am not getting much information about any institutes that provide training in the Fusion technologies.
Pls can u suggest ant books which may be helpfull for me in this regard.

Re: About Oracle Fusion [message #192184 is a reply to message #189128] Mon, 11 September 2006 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tnvssudhir
In hyderabad r there any institutes which provide training for Fusion technology

Thanks for considering this mail
Re: About Oracle Fusion [message #192270 is a reply to message #189060] Mon, 11 September 2006 11:41 Go to previous message
gogula77
Hi,

Please note that Fusion Applications is going to be released in 2008. So, dont expect to learn about these in institutes in Hyderabad. Even training for JDeveloper also is not available in Hyderabad.

So the link provided by me above is the best source for you.

Why dont you concentrate on the topics in the link. This link contains excellent resources for JDevelopers and Fusion Technologies. and which are available for free of cost. So concentrate on these topics first.

All the best

Gogula
Previous Topic: Rejections in the Suppliers Open Interface Import
Next Topic: Regarding Discoverer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 21 15:12:51 CDT 2024