Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » White pages
White pages [message #191108] Mon, 04 September 2006 11:27 Go to next message
sirishatalwar

Dear all,

Can anyone tell me what is the use of White pages.... is it useful for the interview purpose or after... i mean in the begining stage or last stage...

rgds/sirisha
Re: White pages [message #191187 is a reply to message #191108] Tue, 05 September 2006 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
B.T.S.Ananth

Hi,

A white paper is an authoritative report; a document whose purpose is to educate industry customers or collect leads for a company. White papers are used to help people make decisions.

In modern British or Irish terminology, a White Paper is a statement of government policy. It is called white paper because originally these were thin documents quickly bound in white paper without a formal cover, as opposed to the blue bindings of most government reports.

When a White Paper is favourably received by the Council, it can lead to an action programme for the Union in the area concerned.

Regards,
B.T.S.Ananth
Re: White pages [message #191542 is a reply to message #191108] Thu, 07 September 2006 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dushyant

Hi Sirisha

A White Paper in IT/Software industry is a technical research paper.A White paper is usually authored by an industry expert who has years of experience in a particular field.White papers are usually submitted in conferences like oracle open world.

The content of white paper is usually to educate the readers about the technology,product features, software merits and demerits vis-a-vis other softwares.

Coming to your question whether it is useful for interviews?
Absolutely yes, believe me. I take technical interviews every month for my company.The candidates profiles usually vary from 2 years to 6 years of relevant experience in oracle technologies. The candidate has a definite edge over other candidates if he has published a white paper in any event, seminar, industry meet.

A typical interview process will vary from 15 minutes to 1 hour.
Again there are many types of interviews and approaches of interviewing. For eg. technical interview, HR interview, stress interview, exit interview, sales interview, telephonic interview etc. A interviewer usually starts by making comfortable the candidate by asking general questions like , tell me about ur self. He will move further by grilling the candidate on the comfort zones of the candidate skill sets to assess his confidence on the subject. A white paper question will usually be asked at the end of the interview process, where the interviewer has concluded the suitability of the candidate and now he is trying to know candidates other professional/academic interests.

Best Regards
Dushyant Kumar
Project Manager
LGS
HYD,INDIA
Re: White pages [message #191916 is a reply to message #191542] Fri, 08 September 2006 10:59 Go to previous message
sirishatalwar

My spl thanks to Ananth and Dushyant Kumar,

recently recd a white paper of Accounts payable which is abt suppliers and invoices from one of person Shasidhar...

i really thanks to shasi...

Dushyant jee as am familar with PO,AR,GL,AP,and FA will it possible to forward white papers of those modules...

rgds/sirisha

Previous Topic: Income Tax Types in AP
Next Topic: Question regarding AP Withholding Tax
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 21 15:16:18 CDT 2024