Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Allow dynamic inserts
Allow dynamic inserts [message #193569] Mon, 18 September 2006 05:28 Go to next message
sirishatalwar

Hi,

may i have the meaning and implication of Allow dynamic inserts?

rgds/sirisha
Re: Allow dynamic inserts [message #193586 is a reply to message #193569] Mon, 18 September 2006 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gudlanaveen2003
Hi,

We should enable Allow Dynamic Inserts, while defining accounting Structure. Flexifiled is the combination of different accounts\fields\segments.

If we want to give these combinations manually, then we should not enable it. Or else, if we want that these combinations should automatically defined by system, then we should enable it.

Please let me know, if you have any doubts
Re: Allow dynamic inserts [message #193632 is a reply to message #193569] Mon, 18 September 2006 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sirishatalwar

Sorry naveen jee,

i didnt get ur answer...

plz can i have in fulfledged mannner.......plz

rgds/sirisha
Re: Allow dynamic inserts [message #193703 is a reply to message #193569] Tue, 19 September 2006 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vin_odks
Hi,

Dynamic inserts - checked
Allows users to entering new code combinations on the fly.

Dynamic inserts - Unchecked
Validates user to enter the predefined code combinations avaialble. (additional security!!)

Hope it is clear

Regards
Vinod

Re: Allow dynamic inserts [message #193756 is a reply to message #193569] Tue, 19 September 2006 05:31 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
sirishatalwar wrote on Mon, 18 September 2006 11:28

may i have the meaning and implication of Allow dynamic inserts?
Sirisha,

When you are entering a journal or a budget, and the code combination does not exist, the "Allow Dynamic Inserts" flag is checked. If it is set to "Yes", and the code combination is valid Exclamation then the new code combination is inserted dynamically (i.e. it is done for you). If the "Allow Dynamic Inserts" flag is "No", then the insert is not done for you, and it will have to be added manually.

Exclamation "Valid" means that the values exist (Value Sets), are allowed to the user (Security Rules), and are allowed in combination with the values in the other segments (Cross-segment Validation Rules). If you are confident that your Value Sets, Security Rules and Cross-segment Validation Rules are properly defined to meet your business requirements, then having Dynamic Insert available can be a great timesaver. If you are risk-averse, then you should not use it.

Cool HTH

David.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 September 2006 05:36]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Form error FRM : 41032
Next Topic: Special calendar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 12:58:05 CDT 2024