Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Need to pass variable value from one form to another
Need to pass variable value from one form to another [message #196596] Fri, 06 October 2006 02:21 Go to next message
omkar@tcs
HI all,

I m trying to pass a variable(ITEM value) value from one standard APPS form to other form(Standard). I am trying to do it by using CUSTOM.pll. My apps version is 11.5.10.2.

Please hel me in this problem.

Can I do it by form personalization?
Re: Need to pass variable value from one form to another [message #196794 is a reply to message #196596] Sat, 07 October 2006 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kiran Kammili
Hi Omkar,
Here are the Steps

1. Create a parameter in your target form (say p_parameter)
2. Create a variable in CUSTOM.pll to hold the parameter value (say param_to_pass1)
3. Customise your CUSTOM.pll with the following code
fnd_function.execute(FUNCTION_NAME=>'<FUNCTION_NAME>(Function name which you will define in the Application Developer)', OPEN_FLAG=>'Y', SESSION_FLAG=>'Y'
,OTHER_PARAMS=> '<parameter_name which is give on target form> ='||'"'||<<param_to_pass1(this parameter is used to hold the value in CUSTOM.pll)>>||'"' );

4. Move your CUSTOM.pll to $AU_TOP/resource directory
5. Generate .plx (CUSTOM.plx) using f60gen command.

6. Now Login to Application Developer
i). Create a form
ii). Create a form function
iii). While creating form function give parameter name (i.e, p_parameter) (Third tab "Form" tab)

Hope this informaiton will help you.

Regards,
Kiran
Re: Need to pass variable value from one form to another [message #196936 is a reply to message #196596] Mon, 09 October 2006 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omkar@tcs
HI kiran,

Thanks a lot for your prompt help.

Actually this is other method by which i can fulfll my requirment.

Actually I have solved my problem by defining a global variable using bilt in "DEFAULT_VALUE" in CUSTOM.pll. I passed value to this variable from first form and used the value in the second form. The value stored in the global varaible remains unchanged as long as the session exists.

I will try your suggestion and it has helped me to increase my knowledge.

Can you please explain me how to define parameter in a standard apps form.

Thanks for your help,
Re: Need to pass variable value from one form to another [message #196958 is a reply to message #196596] Mon, 09 October 2006 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kiran Kammili
Hi Omkar,
Lets say you want to pass a value from form 'A' to form 'B'

1. First get the form 'B' from $AU_TOP/forms/US directory
2. Now open your target form (i.e., form 'B') in form builder
3. Now create a parameter (Under parameter node)
4. Please note that you need to give the same parameter value when customising your CUSTOM.pll
5. Now customise your CUSTOM.pll as mentioned in my previous reply
6. Move your target form (i.e., form 'B') and CUSTOM.pll to respective directories
7. Generate .fmb for target form and .plx for CUSTOM.pll
8. Also dont forget to define parameter in function definition for target form (i.e., form 'B')

Please let me know if you still need my assistance.

Regards
Kiran
Re: Need to pass variable value from one form to another [message #196962 is a reply to message #196596] Mon, 09 October 2006 06:17 Go to previous message
omkar@tcs
HI Kiran,

Thanks a lot again.

That is a grate value adition for me.

Bye.
Previous Topic: 'Enfocre Ship - To' Not working...
Next Topic: To Know Technically About Oracle Fusion Version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 13:11:08 CDT 2024