Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Requset in terminating state for a long period..
Requset in terminating state for a long period.. [message #207064] Mon, 04 December 2006 01:13 Go to next message
deepayan
Dear all,

I have cancelled a request in oracle applications but its in terminating state for a very long period(almost 2 days).
I have found the problematic area of the request.Its

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT(AIA.INVOICE_ID)) --new line added
INTO V_INV_COUNT
FROM AP_INVOICES_ALL AIA,
AP_INVOICE_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL AID,
GL_CODE_COMBINATIONS GL
WHERE AIA.INVOICE_ID = I.V_INV_ID
GROUP BY LIABILITY_ACCOUNT;
This query is wrong.

Now I cant change the procedure also since the request has acquired a lock.

Please suggest any idea so that I can terminate it...
----------------------------
Thanks in advance....
Re: Requset in terminating state for a long period.. [message #207232 is a reply to message #207064] Mon, 04 December 2006 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant_pathak
Where there any DML/DDL statement for the program.?

After how many min/hour you have cancelled the request?

Regards
Prashant Pathak
Re: Requset in terminating state for a long period.. [message #207615 is a reply to message #207064] Wed, 06 December 2006 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deepayan
Thanks prasant for your reply..
DDL are not normally allowed in procedures & there is no DML statement . It is doing only select operations.
I have cancelled the request after 2 hour which is unusually high..
Re: Requset in terminating state for a long period.. [message #207645 is a reply to message #207064] Wed, 06 December 2006 07:08 Go to previous message
prashant_pathak
Hi,

As you have terminated the the program after 2 hours there must be huge rollback segment for that request and thats the reason it is taking long time in Termination state.

You can ask your DBA to kill the Process from Unix for that request if the request is in Development and not much of importance.

Regards
Prashant Pathak
Previous Topic: 'Trigger' procedure to run at Request Completion
Next Topic: Problem in Receviables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 13:12:44 CDT 2024