Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » 'Trigger' procedure to run at Request Completion
'Trigger' procedure to run at Request Completion [message #207226] Mon, 04 December 2006 14:34 Go to next message
annagel
I am looking for a way to fire off a procedure whenever a certain seeded concurrent request finishes. I have some ideas, the easiest way would be to make the whole thing a request set were I just add the new procedure as a stage after my main process, this has the drawback of changing the way in which the users call the original request which could cause confusion, I could also add a trigger to the fnd_concurrent_requests table, but this is problematic because it could be overwritten by database patching.

Are there any other ideas anyone may have for this? I am trying to make the change transparent to the users while at the same time making it in such a way that it would not be susceptible to being overwritten by an Oracle Patch.

Any ideas?

Andrew
Re: 'Trigger' procedure to run at Request Completion [message #207231 is a reply to message #207226] Mon, 04 December 2006 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant_pathak
Write a New Concurrent Program and call the one which you want to check and check the status code of the request if completed successfully submit the one which you want to trigger after successfull completion.

Now,

Change the name of the original program to some thing new and give same name to New program.

e.g.

CONC PROG A has to trigger CONC PROG B.

So write

CONC PROG C => Which call CONC PROG A and check STATUS if success CONC PROG B.

But for the transparancy to User Change name of CONC PROG C with CONC PROG A so user will make out any difference.

This is silly but this is the way i can think of you can do this

Prashant Pathak
Re: 'Trigger' procedure to run at Request Completion [message #207404 is a reply to message #207231] Tue, 05 December 2006 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
annagel
That would work, and I had not thought of it...and yes it is silly the whole thing is just incredibly incredibly silly, but can't really do anything about obscure user requirements.
Re: 'Trigger' procedure to run at Request Completion [message #207638 is a reply to message #207231] Wed, 06 December 2006 06:25 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
navik_pathak wrote on Mon, 04 December 2006 21:17
.....Change the name of the original program to some thing new and give same name to New program.

Be careful when you apply any patches or updates. If these alter the original program then your modification will be overwritten.

What about writing MYORG CONC PROG A which calls the original program and then your new program that checks the success STATUS of the original program, then adding MYORG CONC PROG A to the users' menu? If Oracle change the original program (other than changing the success status) then MYORG CONC PROG A should still work as designed. If Oracle change the users' menu, it is much easier to re-add MYORG CONC PROG A to the menu than it would be to rewrite the program.

Cool HTH

David.
Previous Topic: difference between 5.9 and 5.10 for inv module....
Next Topic: Requset in terminating state for a long period..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 13:31:35 CDT 2024