Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » How to Delete Invoice's in Account payable..  () 1 Vote
How to Delete Invoice's in Account payable.. [message #207270] Mon, 04 December 2006 22:08 Go to next message
shashidhar.k
Hi all.,

Does anyone knows how to Delete Invoice in Accounts Payable , which Only 'VALIDATED' but not 'Approved ' and Not 'Accounted'.????

Thanks
Shashidhar K
Re: How to Delete Invoice's in Account payable.. [message #207279 is a reply to message #207270] Mon, 04 December 2006 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Admin@Lightsql.Com

shashidhar,

Though you may not like the answer,especially if this is production database, do not delete it from backend.

Just try to cancel the invoice from the front-end screen. This is highly recommended approach.

If you still want to delete it, create a sample invoice in development system after invoking a trace. With the trace file, you can do a tkprof which will give you all the tables and the associated master - detail relations. Try a delete script at the development, and move it to production.

Good Luck

Jay
Fun Programming with Oracle & Visual C++, Author of http://www.lightsql.com.
Re: How to Delete Invoice's in Account payable.. [message #207296 is a reply to message #207279] Mon, 04 December 2006 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shashidhar.k
Hi Jay,

Thanks for reply. yeap first i too tried with 'CANCEL' Process. It's better if we have few invoice's,but not for Bulk Invoice's. I already prepared the Data loader to Cancel the invoice's which i want to delete.

But i jst want to know , still is their any other good & Secured way??? Other than 'CANCEL'..

Any way i will try which u suggested , i will check with my Tech team.

Again thanks for Immediate replay..

thanks
Shashidhar K
Re: How to Delete Invoice's in Account payable.. [message #207335 is a reply to message #207296] Tue, 05 December 2006 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Admin@Lightsql.Com

Now, I understand more about what you do, especially mass cancellation. If your able to cancel with payables API, it is cool all data integrity issues are taken care.

You may be knowing how the records are created. I hope it is from one source. If it multi-source, it becomes complex. I do not think there is some API for deleting! The best way, if you still want to delete - which of course not secure, not recommended by oracle - take trace and tkprof and get all the data integrity links and test in in DEV server, and move it.

You said that there is no distributions too. I do not remember as I worked on this module long time back. This month close is very important. After deleting try to close a period. if successful, you can be more confident that distributions are taken care.

Good Luck,

Jay
Fun Programming with Oracle & Visual C++, Author of http://www.lightsql.com.
Re: How to Delete Invoice's in Account payable.. [message #207378 is a reply to message #207335] Tue, 05 December 2006 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shashidhar.k
Jay,

Nope, its not like tht.The Transaction have Distribution A/c but not accounted.

My doubt is ,, if i cancle the invoices in future will it refelect any where like if i run any report which i want to any Open Invoice's or anyother things , will these Invoice's all comes in tht Report.

That too even though if i cancled the Invoices ,, in Future can i use the same Invoice's Number?????

Thanks
shashidhar K
Re: How to Delete Invoice's in Account payable.. [message #207397 is a reply to message #207270] Tue, 05 December 2006 06:41 Go to previous message
vin_odks

Once the invoice is cancelled , they will not appear on any open invoice report,unless specified (Invoice Register)

Moreover cancelled invoice number cannot be re-used again.

Regards
Vinod
Previous Topic: Move Order Number Generation?
Next Topic: ORACLE FUNCTIONAL OPENING
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 12:42:27 CDT 2024