Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » bill-to location
bill-to location [message #215461] Mon, 22 January 2007 06:50 Go to next message
Junior_TE
Hi all,
I'm a little bit confuse about this topic :
Does the bill to location must be an inventory organisation or not ???
If not, please guide me to understand how it can be not a IO.

Thanks
Re: bill-to location [message #215465 is a reply to message #215461] Mon, 22 January 2007 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aurobless
Hi

Ship To can be a IO, but Bill to need not be a IO.

For Eg. You may ask your supplier to send materials to your Factory, which is a IO and you may instruct the supplier to raise the invoice on your Corporate location, which need not be a IO.

Warm Regards
KS
Re: bill-to location [message #215623 is a reply to message #215465] Tue, 23 January 2007 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Junior_TE
ok thanks !!!

And what about Sourcing rules ? It seems that we can only set SR for Inventory org, isn't ???
If we can do this with location, please explain how because I not able to do this for the moment.

Thanks for your help
Regards

[Updated on: Tue, 23 January 2007 04:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: bill-to location [message #215629 is a reply to message #215461] Tue, 23 January 2007 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vin_odks
Quote:

If we can do this with location, please explain how because I not able to do this for the moment.

Can u please explain the need for attaching the sourcing rules to a location rather than an IO??

Sourcing rules are used mainly to manage Inventory . They define the various sources from which the stocks can be derived from.

Regards
Vinod

Re: bill-to location [message #215661 is a reply to message #215629] Tue, 23 January 2007 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Junior_TE
This is because we are questionning about our multi-org structure...

Our actual multi-org model is :

one IO for our corporate location (only accounting so that can be a location)
tree IO for tree different manufacturing plant, (all in the same country)
one IO for a shipping warehouse. (this warehouse is receiving internal transfer from the different manufacturing plant)

If I can set this warehouse as a location rather than an IO, and still having internal sourcing rules associated with this warehouse, this will be easier for us. (Mainly because after go-live, this warehouse should be regroup with one of our manufacturing plant)

I don't know if what I say make sense,
however, thanks a lot for the time you spent on my topic !
Re: bill-to location [message #215803 is a reply to message #215461] Tue, 23 January 2007 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vin_odks

According to your scenario,

1)Make warehouse as Sub inventory
===============================
All your internal transfers can be received and later on (after go live ) transfer the stocks to the manufacturing plant.
The internal sourcing rule could be applied to the IO.

This would be an ideal solution, since you do not have any plans to maintain the warehouse..in the future

2) Make warehouse as IO
==============================
You could still receive it and later on (after go live) do Inter organization Transfers .The sourcing rule will be applied to the Warehouse.

Hope it gives an insight !!!

Regards
Vinod

Re: bill-to location [message #215853 is a reply to message #215803] Wed, 24 January 2007 01:45 Go to previous message
Junior_TE
thank you for your answer,
it gives me new direction to explore !!!
I'm goint to present this scenario to the other members of the team.

regards
Pierre
Previous Topic: interview experiance on oracle functional
Next Topic: develop a new form using custom.pll
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 23:45:57 CDT 2024