Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » GL_BUDGET_INTERFACE
GL_BUDGET_INTERFACE [message #216486] Sun, 28 January 2007 22:02 Go to next message
nankeen80
Hi all,

In the GL_BUDGET_INTERFACE, the Segment3 column has 8 char limit, however the user inserted 9 digit(i dont know how this happen).

My question is:

1.Can the rows be deleted from the table?
2.Which table is the GL_BUDGET_INTERFACE table link to?
3.Would it affect other part of the table?

Thanks for any reply at all.
Re: GL_BUDGET_INTERFACE [message #216543 is a reply to message #216486] Mon, 29 January 2007 05:46 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
Hi,

I strongly recommend signing on to MetaLink, clicking the Knowledge tab and scrolling down to the bottom. The last item in the Online Documentation section is the eTRM (Applications Electronic Technical Reference Manuals). You should refer to these manuals whenever you need reliable technical information on the Oracle Applications tables, functions, procedures, etc., etc.

From memory (but do check in the eTRM), the GL_BUDGET_INTERFACE table is where you load Budget transactions before running the process that loads them in to the General Ledger tables. If I am correct, then:-

1.) it should be perfectly safe to delete the row from the table, as it has not yet updated the General Ledger proper,

2.) the GL_BUDGET_INTERFACE table is not linked to any other table. Rows are extracted from GL_BUDGET_INTERFACE and used to update the General Ledger proper, then they are deleted from GL_BUDGET_INTERFACE,

3.) it should not effect any other part of the table. Each record in the table is standalone.

Cool HTH

David
Previous Topic: Serial Number in Install base for Quick Sales Order
Next Topic: hi everybody, this is srinivas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 23:27:21 CDT 2024