Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Password complexity for EBusiness Suite Login
Password complexity for EBusiness Suite Login [message #216563] Mon, 29 January 2007 07:44 Go to next message
Anand Ramaswamy
Hi All,
1) Can I incorporate password complexity (compulsory alpha numeric) for EBusiness Suite Login?

2) How do I manage force password change for all the existing users of EBusiness Suite login?

Thanks
qA
Re: Password complexity for EBusiness Suite Login [message #216603 is a reply to message #216563] Mon, 29 January 2007 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
The Oracle Applications System Administrator's Guide, Chapter 2 - Managing Oracle Applications Security, has a section on Users which contains information on how to set the minimum password length and to force alphanumerics.

If you don't have a copy of the Oracle Applications System Administrator's Guide, it can be downloaded, with all of the other Applications Documentation from http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/applications.html

Cool HTH

David
Re: Password complexity for EBusiness Suite Login [message #216710 is a reply to message #216603] Tue, 30 January 2007 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anand Ramaswamy
Thanks David.
Under 11i docs, I could see the following list of docs available w.r.t System Administrator's guide.

Oracle Applications System Administrator's Guide - Security
Oracle Applications System Administrator's Guide - Maintenance
Oracle Applications System Administrator's Guide - Configuration

I am unable to see the chapter Chapter 2 - Managing Oracle Applications Security in any of the docs.

Can you please give me the exact reference of the doc?

Thank you once again.
qA
Re: Password complexity for EBusiness Suite Login [message #216748 is a reply to message #216710] Tue, 30 January 2007 04:25 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
Sorry, I was referring to 11.5.9 documentation. It looks as though they have split the System Administrator's Guide into three at 11.5.10. Can you work out for yourself which section to look in? Once you have, use the "Search" facility (the binoculars icon) to search for "Signon Password Length" and you should find the appropriate section.

Cool HTH

David
Previous Topic: How do i keep shipments open
Next Topic: Budgetary Control
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 23:45:45 CDT 2024