Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Posting to GL Problem
Posting to GL Problem [message #217389] Thu, 01 February 2007 23:48 Go to next message
fakhar55
hi all,
When run the 'Payables Transfer to General Ledger' program in order to post accounting entires from payables to General Ledger , there are some accounting lines which are posted to GL but their status is still 'Unposted' in Payables. That's why i m not able to close the ap period.
Any help from anybody wat could be the cause and what it's solution?
Re: Posting to GL Problem [message #217450 is a reply to message #217389] Fri, 02 February 2007 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
I don't know what the answer is, but to solve this problem I would:

1.) run the appropriate diagnostic for Payables. There is one for period end,

2.) search MetaLink to see if anybody else has encountered the same problem before,

3.) log an SR with Oracle Support.

Cool HTH

David
Re: Posting to GL Problem [message #217627 is a reply to message #217450] Sat, 03 February 2007 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oraclefinancialfresher
This is what i think off , dont mistake me if iam completly wrong, trying to express my views that is all !!
Has ur accounts got reconciled in the following manner without few invoices remaining unposted in AP i.e.
Previous months Payables Trial Balance + Current Months Posted Invoice Register - Current Months Posted Payment Register - Current Months Accounts Payable Trial Balance

Before running Payables Transfer to GL,
have u tried running Invoice Validation Program to validate all invoices and Payable Accounting Process to Approve all the Invoices !
Re: Posting to GL Problem [message #218387 is a reply to message #217389] Thu, 08 February 2007 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vin_odks
Check list :
=================
Before Running Payables transfer to GL
=========================================================

1) Ensure no holds are placed on the invoices/payments
Run "Posting Hold Report" - only
displays invoices with holds that prevent posting.
2) GL period and the payables accounting period should be
opened.
3) Invoices are validated and accounted.
4) Invoices/Payments should be approved.
5) Ensure payments are made. You must ensure that all your
payment batches have been completed(either
confirmed or canceled).

After Running Payables transfer to GL
========================================================
1) Run "Accounts Payable Journal Entry Audit Report" for transaction inserted into GL_interface table.
2) Run "Accounts Payable Journal Entry Exception
" for transaction which encounterd an error
during the transfer.
3) Ensure journal import is succesful and verify the
output
3) Posting to GL is successful.

Hope it helps you.

Regards
Vinod
Re: Posting to GL Problem [message #218454 is a reply to message #218387] Thu, 08 February 2007 05:27 Go to previous message
fakhar55
hi all,
Thanx to David,Karthik and Vinod. Thanx all guys for such extremely helpful guilde lines. Hope I will not face these in future after such detailed explanation.
Best Regards
Fakhar.
Previous Topic: IMO
Next Topic: iProcurement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 01:39:15 CDT 2024