Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Personalization & Button Events
Personalization & Button Events [message #218321] Wed, 07 February 2007 13:36 Go to next message
tarmenel
Hi all,

I'm trying to use the Personalization of a form and have spent half a day looking for a way to identify a way to actually recognize a event when a button is pushed. I have not worked with Forms Builder and have only stated with the Personalization's and found it quite helpful up till this point. I tried setting the trigger to go off WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE and the Name of the button as well as WHEN-NEW-RECORD-INSTANCE but have come out unsuccessful. I've also looked at the 'Show Custom Events' hoping to see what events occur but when setting it to the event (WHEN-VALIDATE RECORD) then it triggers when I don't want it to because I can't specify in the conditions that it should only occur when the button is pressed. I've tried all the combinations with a debug message to show me what the value of the button is but it shows as NULL in all cases so the value does not seem to change. Anyone with any idea's??

Hilton
Re: Personalization & Button Events [message #218507 is a reply to message #218321] Thu, 08 February 2007 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scorpio_biker
There is a WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger - is that what you need?
Re: Personalization & Button Events [message #218508 is a reply to message #218321] Thu, 08 February 2007 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarmenel
Sounds promising...
Could you provide a bit more information on how I would use the event of the trigger from the personalizations forms??
Re: Personalization & Button Events [message #218512 is a reply to message #218321] Thu, 08 February 2007 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scorpio_biker
Not sure I can help much with that as I don't know anything about Personalization.

The trigger itself can be added to the button and will then be fired when the button is pressed. You can put your code in the trigger to do whatever it is you need to happen.
Re: Personalization & Button Events [message #218877 is a reply to message #218512] Sun, 11 February 2007 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Are you running Oracle Applications or is this an in-house system?

David
Re: Personalization & Button Events [message #218895 is a reply to message #218877] Sun, 11 February 2007 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarmenel
WE are running in Oracle Applications and so far I've found a work around to the personalization with the button but I would really like to know how to recognize a button click using personalizations. This is quite a common event that happens on a form and it would rather amaze me that the personalizations have not incluided this some how. We do not want to work with the custom.pll file as we have recently upgraded the system and are trying to keep everything as simple as possible using the new features. Is it possible to build the trigger in the personalization window or would I need to tinker with the custom file??
Re: Personalization & Button Events [message #219292 is a reply to message #218895] Tue, 13 February 2007 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I have moved this thread to the 'e-business' forum.

David
Re: Personalization & Button Events [message #415095 is a reply to message #218321] Fri, 24 July 2009 13:52 Go to previous message
ezechinedu
Hi tarmenel,

Please can u share with me how to recognize this button click event, i am working on a personalisation and i cant seem to find how to recognise this
Previous Topic: E business suite (merged 2) 12.1.1
Next Topic: Aging 7 Buckets Report ARXAGMW (merged 2) - AR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 12:56:22 CDT 2024