Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » General Ledger - Unable to change sequence number with Setting up Calendar
General Ledger - Unable to change sequence number with Setting up Calendar [message #221014] Fri, 23 February 2007 04:10 Go to next message
inforeqd51
I set up a 'monthly' calendar via setup -> Financials -> calendars -> Accounting

i set up the first month to be december of last year and set it's sequence number to be '1'
then i set up the rest of the months for this year starting from january to december..

Now I realise that I need to make the sequence for december of last year to be '12' instaed of '1' and also re-sequence all the other months of this year too.. However, when i start changing the sequence number, the following error pops up: 'A perios with this period type, period year and period number already exists.'

Can you pls help and tell me how to change the sequence numbers?

Re: General Ledger - Unable to change sequence number with Setting up Calendar [message #221020 is a reply to message #221014] Fri, 23 February 2007 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tgs100
If you have not done any transactions, delete all the periods and re-enter it again.

Period Type, Period Year and Period number should be unique.

Cheers,
Sara
Re: General Ledger - Unable to change sequence number with Setting up Calendar [message #221493 is a reply to message #221014] Tue, 27 February 2007 03:16 Go to previous message
inforeqd51
Found another easier method :

Change the numbers of one row at a time and save the changes after each update. Then the application does not throw the error
Previous Topic: Database of Error Codes in Oracle Financials !
Next Topic: General Ledger - Parent checkbox cannot be modified in Account Valueset
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 00:05:23 CDT 2024