Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » General ledger - Account Type showing different in Report and Segment Qualifier
General ledger - Account Type showing different in Report and Segment Qualifier [message #221473] Tue, 27 February 2007 01:56 Go to next message
inforeqd51
I set the account type for each account. When I view it through

setup->financials-.flexfield->validation->values->(values hierarchy qualifier) window

I can see the correct classification eg. salaries and wages coming up as Expense

however, when I run the 'Chart of accounts - segment values listing' report, i see the same account as assets.

How can I correct this?
Re: General ledger - Account Type showing different in Report and Segment Qualifier [message #221478 is a reply to message #221473] Tue, 27 February 2007 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tgs100
Which version are you using?

In 11.5.10, I could not simulate this problem.

Try recompiling the Accounting flexfield and take the same report again.

Cheers,
Sara
Re: General ledger - Account Type showing different in Report and Segment Qualifier [message #221483 is a reply to message #221473] Tue, 27 February 2007 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inforeqd51
I'm using the oracle 11i.

this is how it happens for me :
Account setup – when selecting segment qualifiers, the ‘expense’ account type appears as the default type, however, if you don't go into the long list and reselect ‘expense’ for all the expense accounts, the system assigns the default value ‘assets’ to those accounts and shows it in the ‘chart of accounts – segment values listing’ report.

However when showing it in the segment qualifiers screen, it still shows as 'expense'.

I went into each account and reselected 'expense' from the long list and re-ran the report. This time all expense accounts showed the correct account type of 'expense'
Re: General ledger - Account Type showing different in Report and Segment Qualifier [message #221536 is a reply to message #221483] Tue, 27 February 2007 06:03 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
Have you searched MetaLink to see if anybody else has reported the same problem? If somebody else has found the same problem, there might already be a fix. If not, then you should raise an SR and work with Oracle to get a fix.

Cool HTH

David
Previous Topic: Cannot PIck confirm
Next Topic: Import approved supplier list
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 00:29:39 CDT 2024