Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » how to access patches from meta link for tutors
how to access patches from meta link for tutors [message #221901] Wed, 28 February 2007 23:16 Go to next message
sarangadhar
I see below information from other posts. But i don ahve metalink account as i dont have CSI number. Can anybody give me another way to get patches/tutors from meta link?

Tutor documents are available on Metalink as 'patches'. To download patches, click on 'Patches and Updates' tab. Click on Simple Search link, Select 'Product or Family' and type in "pro". For Patch Type, select "Any" and for platform select "Microsoft Windows (32-bit) Client)".
There are about 125 patches available for download. Of these, browse the one that starts with "Tutor: Patch COURSEWARE" and select the one related to your OCP test. For example, if one is preparing for the workflow exam, the patch to download is 5234642 - 11I/2.6 IMPLEMENT ORACLE WORKFLOW.
One would need a password to download the patches. Passwords are provided by Oracle Support once a Support Request is created for the same. The password provided by Oracle Support is valid for 7 days. On downloading the 'patch' one would find that it is essentially a .zip file consisting of the following: [a] A MS Excel spreadsheet listing the lesson contents [b] Word documents [c] Power Point Presentations. On unzipping the .zip file one would find curriculum and labs for practice.
Re: how to access patches from meta link for tutors [message #221971 is a reply to message #221901] Thu, 01 March 2007 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant_pathak
Tell you admin of metalink to create an account for you in metalink using CSI number. Only metalink admin of your company can do it.

The account creation is free using CSI number. and then after you can create TAR to get those passwords.

Regards
Prashant Pathak
Re: how to access patches from meta link for tutors [message #222073 is a reply to message #221971] Thu, 01 March 2007 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sarangadhar
Pathak,
thanks for responding..
but, i am not getting response from my company higher authorities.. may be am not approaching correct person.. Is there any otherway to get it..
Re: how to access patches from meta link for tutors [message #222076 is a reply to message #222073] Thu, 01 March 2007 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant_pathak
i am not sure any other way as it requires you to create a TAR and than only you can download it.
Re: how to access patches from meta link for tutors [message #224298 is a reply to message #222076] Tue, 13 March 2007 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sarangadhar
Hi I got CSI number. can i create Metalink ID or only my company admin can create the metalink ID?
Re: how to access patches from meta link for tutors [message #224492 is a reply to message #224298] Wed, 14 March 2007 07:46 Go to previous message
prashant_pathak
Yes. Only user with admin power can create a user in metalink
Previous Topic: Reverse a payables posting in GL..urgent..plz help..
Next Topic: Custom Security
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 00:17:17 CDT 2024