Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Reverse a payables posting in GL..urgent..plz help..
Reverse a payables posting in GL..urgent..plz help.. [message #223816] Sun, 11 March 2007 16:18 Go to next message
kawal.kaur
Hi,
In Oracle Payables (AP), for an invoice, I create accounting, and then it is tranferred to GL. The transfer process is - Transfer to General ledger in Summary(accouting date).
My requirement is to reverse this posting and create a new posting for the same line to another account using GL_interface table.
can anyone please tell me how to achieve this.
Re: Reverse a payables posting in GL..urgent..plz help.. [message #224088 is a reply to message #223816] Tue, 13 March 2007 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tgs100
I don't think standard functionality supports your requirement.

1. Is this requirement for all transactions or only for few?
2. What is your real requirement? i.e why do you want to do this? If you explain in detail, exports over here might suggest some other method.

Cheers,
Sara
Re: Reverse a payables posting in GL..urgent..plz help.. [message #224097 is a reply to message #224088] Tue, 13 March 2007 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reachkiran
Hi

Your Q: The transfer process is - Transfer to General ledger in Summary(accouting date).My requirement is to reverse this posting and create a new posting for the same line to another account using GL_interface table.

I would suggest you to follow the process of

1. Pass a reverse entry for the cancellation of old entry.
2. Re do the process of payables transfer to GL and choose the
option of journal import as "NO"
3. Go to GL interface table , based on accounting date, invoice date,id etc query the invoice and UPDATE /CORRECT GL account.
4.Once the interface table gets updated run journal import.

Rgds
Kiran

[Updated on: Tue, 13 March 2007 01:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Reverse a payables posting in GL..urgent..plz help.. [message #224104 is a reply to message #223816] Tue, 13 March 2007 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tgs100
Kiran,

I don't think you can transfer the same transactions again from payables to GL, if you have already transfered to GL.

Cheers,
Sara
Re: Reverse a payables posting in GL..urgent..plz help.. [message #224152 is a reply to message #224104] Tue, 13 March 2007 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reachkiran
Hi,

There should be two solutions for this problem.

1. Delete the data and re-import
2. Update the data

Practically once the data is imported into GL tables it is not advisable to delete the data until advised by Oracle.

For the second option you need to check various other factors like
Does data still exists in interface tables? If so can update the accounting from backend if transaction_type value is "UPDATE" . RE-submit journal import.

Rgds
Kiran
Re: Reverse a payables posting in GL..urgent..plz help.. [message #224154 is a reply to message #223816] Tue, 13 March 2007 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tgs100
Delete records in GL? Through backend?

Don't ever think of deleting (updating also) GL records through backend in production instance. Oracle will never support updating/deleting of GL data.

If you update the account combination in interface table after transferring payables to GL, you may end up problems in reconciliation.

If at all you want to correct any account combination in GL, you need to reverse the journal and enter the corresponding adjustment journal in GL.

Cheers,
Sara
Re: Reverse a payables posting in GL..urgent..plz help.. [message #224165 is a reply to message #224154] Tue, 13 March 2007 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reachkiran
Sara,

I agree with you. Oracle would not support deleting of GL data. I was talking about deletion of data with respect to an invoice batch i said it's not advisable but for doing it you need to have script and support from oracle.

-- I believe that this forum is a platform to communicate, discuss and to share the subject.Pls dont use harsh words as

Don't ever think of

You Better do this etc

Rgds
Kiran

Re: Reverse a payables posting in GL..urgent..plz help.. [message #224193 is a reply to message #224165] Tue, 13 March 2007 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kawal.kaur
to make my point more clear, the requirement is -
for intercompany Transfer, when the AP invoice is generated at the selling org and i create the accounting for the invoice, Cogs account is debited. but at this point instead of making the posting to COGS account, i have to make it to some intransit account. Later on at the time of sending invoice to customer, my this posting made to intransit account needs to be revered and the same posting has to be done COGS account now.

I can not cancel the posting or delete the records from GL.
To reverse the posting and make a new posting, i have to make use of GL_interface table. the problem I am facing is what data should be populated in interface table.
Re: Reverse a payables posting in GL..urgent..plz help.. [message #224218 is a reply to message #224193] Tue, 13 March 2007 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manojr
Hi,

Please try following.

Reverse the entire batch which is transfered to GL as a result of Payables accounting process.

go to payables, navigate drill down from gl.
Drill down the complete batch.
and again rerun the payables accounting process after making necessary changes.

Regards
Manoj
icon14.gif  Re: Reverse a payables posting in GL..urgent..plz help.. [message #224372 is a reply to message #224218] Wed, 14 March 2007 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
milind3112
Hi,

If you have transfer to GL program is run... then see GL enquiry option this entry is updated or not. If not then u can make Correction in the entry....check..

Better option instead of deleting from table make reverse entry in AP & make transfer to GL. This is the corretive action in Oracle Apps.

Kiran is saying write thing...go ahead..

Regards,

Milind
Re: Reverse a payables posting in GL..urgent..plz help.. [message #224467 is a reply to message #224193] Wed, 14 March 2007 06:59 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
kawal.kaur wrote on Tue, 13 March 2007 11:45
..... the requirement is for intercompany Transfer, when the AP invoice is generated at the selling org and i create the accounting for the invoice, Cogs account is debited. but at this point instead of making the posting to COGS account, i have to make it to some intransit account. Later on at the time of sending invoice to customer, my this posting made to intransit account needs to be revered and the same posting has to be done COGS account now.

Can I suggest that you treat this as a sort of Accrual? When the system generates the Debit to COGS, you raise a GL journal to Credit COGS and Debit the intransit account, then when you send the invoice to the customer, you reverse the journal, Debiting COGS and Crediting the intransit account.

Yes, it is a manual process, but it provides a better audit trail than editing or deleting system-generated transactions.

Cool HTH

David
Previous Topic: Business Scenarios for BPA, PPO and CPA
Next Topic: how to access patches from meta link for tutors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 00:18:18 CDT 2024