Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » connectivity with SQL Server
connectivity with SQL Server [message #229366] Sat, 07 April 2007 00:30 Go to next message
annu-agi1

hi
experts

i have installed developer 2000 release 2 and developer 2000 6i on same machine on win xp and both the connect to oracle server 9i and woking fine .. now i tried to join developer with sql server which is installed on one another machine .. but here developer 6i is not join with sql server ... same time developer rel 2 is joined without any errors.... a simple procedure i followed that is i just make one ODBC connection in file dsn and though this i use connect systex .. which is ... scott/tiger@ODBC:acc.......(acc is my file dsn) .. now problem is develoer 6i is not going to join with sql server at any cost .. but rel 2 is working fine .. and there is no errors with any minipulation and data transfusion ..

please help me out of this .. how can i join my devel 6i to SQL server and please tell the why it happins and what is i m doing mistake .

regards ..

Annu
Re: connectivity with SQL Server [message #229368 is a reply to message #229366] Sat, 07 April 2007 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>how can i join my devel 6i to SQL server
You can't.
Re: connectivity with SQL Server [message #229371 is a reply to message #229368] Sat, 07 April 2007 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
annu-agi1

yes that is my question ... how can i join ? .. but in the mean time .. i already joined my develper rel 2 without any errors.so it means we can join ..but i m doing some kind mistake .. where i cant figure it out .. and its working fine .. see the joining procedure in my question back ..for reference

Re: connectivity with SQL Server [message #229383 is a reply to message #229371] Sat, 07 April 2007 02:10 Go to previous message
annu-agi1

it has been solve by installing Oracle Open client adaptor for ODBC

Previous Topic: how to shutdown heavy loaded oracle machine (urgunt)
Next Topic: service name and sid
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:39:41 CDT 2024