Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » AIM
AIM [message #234511] Tue, 01 May 2007 20:06 Go to next message
devikareddy

My Dear Gurus,

I have doubt in AIM, When refering to PDF.. i had glance on Project Approaches..

There are two Approaches:

a) Pre-packaged Approach
b) Tailored Approach

i would like to know.. at what circumstances.. companies.. opt for pre-packaged approach, and Tailored.. Approach

iam unable to understand the meaning of this approaches..

plz friends.. help me in this regard

Rgds
Devika Reddy
Re: AIM [message #234519 is a reply to message #234511] Tue, 01 May 2007 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Devika,

A pre-packaged approach is when you decide to solve the problem by using commercial-of-the-shelf software such as the Oracle E-Business Suite. In this case after you have gathered the requirements, you perform a fit-gap analysis to see what requirements cannot be met by just configuring the standard product and thus require custom development. AIM is a pre-packaged approach.

A tailored approach is when you decide to write the software from scratch. In this case, rather than doing a fit-gap analysis, you need to do various kinds of modeling describing the behaviour and structure of the system. CDM is a tailored approach.

--
Aleksander Dragnes

Re: AIM [message #235247 is a reply to message #234511] Fri, 04 May 2007 08:53 Go to previous message
devikareddy

Hi,

Thank u so much for providing ur valuable.. answer..

hope the same.. in future..

once again.. thanks a lot

Devika Reddy
Previous Topic: OSP: PO Automatically created from Approved Requisition
Next Topic: PO_In Process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 01:23:56 CDT 2024