Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Need help with these questions
Need help with these questions [message #234581] Wed, 02 May 2007 10:25 Go to next message
orafaq2007
Q.What is the business purpose of VALUE SETS?

Q.Why does oracle assets post its accounting journal directly into General Ledger's production tables,bypassing the interface table? and the same with oracle purchasing encumbrance journals?

Q.What's the link between cost center segment and oracle assets i.e when cost center segment is given the flexfield qualifier, cost center?

Any help is appreciated,

Regards,
Ben.
Re: Need help with these questions [message #235215 is a reply to message #234581] Fri, 04 May 2007 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
orafaq2007 wrote on Wed, 02 May 2007 16:25
Q.What is the business purpose of VALUE SETS?
Value Sets are used to hold sets of values that can be used and enforced across a number of business entities. You might have a Value Set for the Cost Centre Code and this one Value Set would be used in every Accounting Flexfield, so that the Cost Centres would be correctly and consistently defined in every Accounting Flexfield and in every Set of Books. Please refer to the Flexfields User Guide for additional information.
Q.Why does oracle assets post its accounting journal directly into General Ledger's production tables,bypassing the interface table? and the same with oracle purchasing encumbrance journals?
I don't know. I guess that it might be that Fixed Assets was the first application to be interfaced to General Ledger and they had not yet developed the interface tables. But I have no idea about purchasing encumbrance journals, sorry.
Q.What's the link between cost center segment and oracle assets i.e when cost center segment is given the flexfield qualifier, cost center?
The Cost Centre is used by Fixed Assets for the Depreciation charge and when you enter/choose a Cost Centre, Fixed Assets uses the Value Set for the Cost Centre.

Cool HTH

David
icon14.gif  Re: Need help with these questions [message #235357 is a reply to message #235215] Sat, 05 May 2007 05:13 Go to previous message
orafaq2007
Hi David,

Thankyou for the reply.

Regards,
Ben.
Previous Topic: Oracle financials 11.i
Next Topic: Its very urgent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 01:50:51 CDT 2024