Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » AR Receipts Conversion
AR Receipts Conversion [message #235942] Tue, 08 May 2007 08:29 Go to next message
kuda.oracleapps@gmail.com
Hello,

I am back again with some more questions today. I am working on an accounts receivable conversion. I am still using the autolockbox for this but my questions is about how to best handle errors. I have created a staging table that I will load the data into from a flat file. Once I have completed my validations on the columns on this table how do I keep track of records that have failed the various validations. I have seen instances where people use ERROR_CD, STATUS_CD, ERROR_MSG & DATA_FLOW_CD, but I am not familiar with how these work. Could someone explain to me how these work or explain an easier method to keep track of records successfully validated. Thanx.
Re: AR Receipts Conversion [message #235948 is a reply to message #235942] Tue, 08 May 2007 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant_pathak
Hi,

sharing my views actual practice it can differ so many ways.

Have process_code,error_code,error_message,request_id,request_date column in your staging table.

pseudo code
*) change process code for current records that you are about to process.
*) validate all or some of the columns of your staging table w.r.t business requirement
*) set success or error depending on your validation. you can user only process code column or make success with P in process_code column and error with E in error_code column.
*) so if you are about to reprocess your record process only records where you have error_code E
*) if you are processing fresh record process records where process_code is NULL

you can have your own routine....depends on your requirement...

request_id column can be used for your email notification when you want to generate any report for your exception.

you can mention in your report...please view log file of request_id....

Hope this helps
Prashant Pathak
Re: AR Receipts Conversion [message #235952 is a reply to message #235948] Tue, 08 May 2007 08:54 Go to previous message
kuda.oracleapps@gmail.com
Thanks Prashant!

This helps immensely. Thank you for providing that input for me. That has resolved the problem for me over and above what I had asked for. Once again, thank you for your input.
Previous Topic: What is segment
Next Topic: Custom PLL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 02:16:08 CDT 2024