Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » how to attach responsibility to an operating unit
how to attach responsibility to an operating unit [message #240466] Fri, 25 May 2007 00:07 Go to next message
venkatram67
Dear all,

Calendar,Currency and Chart of account is defined and it is attached to a Set of Books.

An user is created and he will be given some responsibilities.

In the study notes i read somewhere that responsibility is attached to a operating unit. Because of this reason when the user logs in he can see his responsibility and when he selects the responsibility then the application selects the set of books.

Can any one tell how the responsibility is attached to an operating unit

with regards
venkat
Re: how to attach responsibility to an operating unit [message #240564 is a reply to message #240466] Fri, 25 May 2007 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
Embarassed I can't remember off the top of my head, and unfortunately I don't have time today to research it for you, but if I did, I would look in the "Multiple Organizations in Oracle Applications" manual and the User Guide for the appropriate application. If you don't have a copy of these, they can be downloaded from http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/applications.html

Cool HTH

David
Re: how to attach responsibility to an operating unit [message #240643 is a reply to message #240466] Fri, 25 May 2007 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Puskado
Give your self HRMS Manager responsibility

Path Work Structure>Organization>Description then find a Business group defined by HR. Add Operating Unit to Organisation Classificaton then click other the select Operating unit information in will pick up your Set Of Books.

Switch Responsibility to Sys Administrator search for MO:Operating Unit in profile options.

Re: how to attach responsibility to an operating unit [message #240675 is a reply to message #240466] Fri, 25 May 2007 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anne Simms
There is a document in this forum for Multiple organizations that someone else attached and you can download. This will help explain what you are looking for.

Anne
Re: how to attach responsibility to an operating unit [message #240730 is a reply to message #240466] Fri, 25 May 2007 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adeyemi
Use your systems profile option to set the Set of Book id to a responsibility.

Adeyemi
Re: how to attach responsibility to an operating unit [message #240781 is a reply to message #240466] Fri, 25 May 2007 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vggraj
set the Profile Option ---> MO: Operating Unit
for that responsibility
Re: how to attach responsibility to an operating unit [message #240837 is a reply to message #240466] Sat, 26 May 2007 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant_pathak
Following Profile Options can be used

1)GL Set Of Books
2)HR:Security profile
3)HR:Business Group
4)MO:Operating Unint
5)HR:User Type

Regards
Prashant Pathak
Re: how to attach responsibility to an operating unit [message #241059 is a reply to message #240643] Mon, 28 May 2007 04:47 Go to previous message
venkatram67
thanks to every one for their valuable suggestions.

After defining an entity as operating unit when the user presses the other button it asks for the operating unit information and when the user clicks that particular field application asks for the legal entity and set of books where user can attach the set of books.

other related activities

a)operating unit should have been defined with the organisation classification as -Operating unit.

b) Profie option - MO :Operating unit --

c)Profile option : GL Set of Books Name - Set of Books should have been attached.

with regards
venkat
Previous Topic: Conversion Scripts
Next Topic: uploading external files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 01:15:39 CDT 2024