Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » WMS and Oracle ERP integration.
WMS and Oracle ERP integration. [message #241643] Wed, 30 May 2007 04:55 Go to next message
Shrinagu

All,

We are working on an integration project where in we are using Oracle Apps as the ERP System. With this Oracle ERP, we want to integrate any WMS/SCM system [red prairie, manhattan, oracle etc].
Are there any open APIs/Interfaces to Oracle Apps, where in, we can call these from our code [may be Oracle stored procs or .NET] and all the required data are populated in the ERP system, which can then be used for further processing..

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shridhar.
Re: WMS and Oracle ERP integration. [message #241667 is a reply to message #241643] Wed, 30 May 2007 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant_pathak
Yes There are API which can be used

Take Look at Here

Regards
Prashant
Re: WMS and Oracle ERP integration. [message #241669 is a reply to message #241667] Wed, 30 May 2007 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shrinagu

HI Prashant,

Thanks for your quick reply.
Can you please tell me which API to be used for the integration with EBS??

Thanks,
Shridhar..
Re: WMS and Oracle ERP integration. [message #241686 is a reply to message #241669] Wed, 30 May 2007 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant_pathak
Hi Sudhir,

There are lots of API you can use. But basically you need specify what is operation you are trying achieve.

On that basis i can give more info

Regards
Prashant
Re: WMS and Oracle ERP integration. [message #241694 is a reply to message #241686] Wed, 30 May 2007 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shrinagu
Hi Prashant,

We want to integrate data from different WMS component with Oracle EBS. So i am looking for an API which will take all the required input data and update all the required data in Oracle EBS.

hope i cleared the point.

Thanks,
Shridhar..
Re: WMS and Oracle ERP integration. [message #241696 is a reply to message #241694] Wed, 30 May 2007 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant_pathak
Alright.

Go to irep.oracle.com and press explore the integration repository

and than in Discrete Manufacturing section have a look at Inventory and Warehouse management System API.

Oracle EBS is very huge i am sure you should be aware of that of that. so it is not enough to say

Quote:
So i am looking for an API which will take all the required input data and update all the required data in Oracle EBS.

i am assuming that you are bringing WMS data so you have to use Inventory API

regards
Prashant Pathak
icon6.gif  Re: WMS and Oracle ERP integration. [message #241704 is a reply to message #241696] Wed, 30 May 2007 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shrinagu

Hi Prashant,

Ya, i know this is very vast.Sad Crying or Very Sad

We have used the following API's
1. WMS_RFID_DEVICE_PUB
2. WMS_CONTAINER_PUB
which we have used to integrate Oracle WMS and Oracle EBS.

previously, we had used both WMS and ERP systems provided by Oracle, hence we could directly use those APIs.

If we try to integrate WMS [provide by red prairie or manhattan ] and Oracle ERP system
a. can we continue to use the same set of API's??
b. as both are not from from the same provider and are not integrated, do we need to do any other settings, before we could call the APIs.

Thanks,
Shridhar..
Re: WMS and Oracle ERP integration. [message #241705 is a reply to message #241704] Wed, 30 May 2007 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant_pathak
As i dont know the other system i am not sure nor i can confirm that you should or should not use it.

But if you follow the guide line and map the data between these system you should be fine using those API

Regards
Prashant Pathak
Re: WMS and Oracle ERP integration. [message #241908 is a reply to message #241705] Thu, 31 May 2007 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shrinagu
Hi Prashant,

OK, thanks,

I know Inv and wms are different components and are related.
Is it that if we have to use wms and inv components from the same vendor or can they be from different vendors?

thanks,
Shridhar.
Re: WMS and Oracle ERP integration. [message #242003 is a reply to message #241908] Thu, 31 May 2007 05:57 Go to previous message
prashant_pathak
Either ways it should be ok as long as there is a defination of Inv Component in Oracle Inventory Org.

Rule is you have to have Item Defined in Item Master and assigned to Inventory Org for a perticular Operating Unit and than you can use it forward in Various Oracle Modules.

Regards
Prashant Pathak
Previous Topic: How does anyone using Oracle handle Escheatments?
Next Topic: Installation on Windows Using MKSTK9.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 01:13:10 CDT 2024