Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » one of the intrview questions could any one give answers plz
one of the intrview questions could any one give answers plz [message #243254] Wed, 06 June 2007 11:02 Go to next message
srinivasy
Hi to every one,

i am srinivas , i am new to oracle dba and i am trying to get the job on oracle dba.
i have few question. could any one answer it please. this question i faced in the interview.

1. one of my db user want to connect the oracle server. but oracle is rejecting this connection. how can you iedntify it. where you would see the error message.

i said in alert log file.. it is corrct.

2. i am using oracle 10g. i have a 2 days back backup. and . yesterday i took one full export(expdp). to day morning at 11 i lost the datafile in the database(user/system). how can you get the entire data back.

how can i do it.

could any one please answer my question...

thnaks,
Re: one of the intrview questions could any one give answers plz [message #243283 is a reply to message #243254] Wed, 06 June 2007 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Quote:
2. i am using oracle 10g. i have a 2 days back backup. and . yesterday i took one full export(expdp). to day morning at 11 i lost the datafile in the database(user/system). how can you get the entire data back.

how can i do it.

if your database is in archivelog mode then your recover to the point of failure means 11 o'clock

by restoring the perivious back and then by applying archivelogs.

if your database is NOARCHIVE mode then you cant reover it 11 oclock.
Re: one of the intrview questions could any one give answers plz [message #243285 is a reply to message #243283] Wed, 06 June 2007 14:52 Go to previous message
harshad.gohil
1. one of my db user want to connect the oracle server. but oracle is rejecting this connection. how can you iedntify it. where you would see the error message.

You can check in the listener.log file... for network connections.

2. i am using oracle 10g. i have a 2 days back backup. and . yesterday i took one full export(expdp). to day morning at 11 i lost the datafile in the database(user/system). how can you get the entire data back

If your db in Archivelog mode you can recover till time, as they have explicitily mentioned about export ... It means you have to restore whole database from backup and then again you have to import, so you can recover data till yesterday.....

HTH
Previous Topic: Online Cloning
Next Topic: Workaround for using admin option
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:47:21 CDT 2024